Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kielder 100 – gpx?
  • Premier Icon pedalhead
    Free Member

I’m up that way later in the week for work & fancy a decent length ride on my day off. Presuming the old Kielder 100 route was all on public trails, does anyone have a gpx or similar handy please? Open to other ideas as well. Cheers!

Premier Icon Tracker1972
    Free Member

Haven’t got a gpx of it all, but I am also pretty sure it wasn’t all on public trails… Or am I think of the Merida/CRC/Mercedes/whoeveritisnow marathons…

Premier Icon paul4stones

Well, I took a photo of the map for the first one – good luck following that!

Kielder 100 map

Premier Icon ianfitz
    Free Member

Should be able to download this gpx.

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/jedburgh-sct/kielder-100-route-22583858

Premier Icon dvatcmark
    Free Member

I’ve got a gpx of the 2011 route, as above a bit of it wasn’t on public trails. Happy to email or over if you still want it

Premier Icon legolam
    Free Member

I did the Kielder 50 route the year it was cancelled, and a fair bit of the route was not on public ROWs. I didn’t see anyone else all day, so it wasn’t really an issue, except for the number of times I had to climb over/under fallen trees or hike through unrideable undergrowth. Not sure I’d bother with the hassle again!

Premier Icon pedalhead
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Considering it wasn’t all on public trails, I think I’ll come up with an alternative in the area…maybe a mixture of the Cross Border trail, the lake loop and some other stuff. Cheers.

Premier Icon andyr

You’d be better doing the Lonesome Pine/Cross border/Newcastleton route to start with then if you’ve got any extra energy left do the Deadwater and the Osprey. Or the other way around. Add on the Lakeside Way at the end to completely knacker yourself. Don’t discount the blue Osprey route – the singletrack is fantastically flowing, grin inducing fun.

Cross border route

Premier Icon andyr

Sorry, wrong link.

Try this one instead

Premier Icon pedalhead
    Free Member

Thanks andyr, will follow that advice.

Premier Icon legolam
    Free Member

If you do the Lonesome Pine/Bloody Bush, Deadwater and Osprey trails then you’ll probably end up going further than the Cross Border Route with a bit more singletrack for your effort (I reckon it’s about 65km with 1500m ish of climbing for all 3).

Here’s a link to a shortened version of all three trails (I missed out Bloody Bush and the top of Deadwater, and a new bit of the Osprey has been added since): https://app.strava.com/activities/24801482#442703938

Premier Icon pedalhead
    Free Member

Ok great thanks. I’ve put together a pretty decent Tracklogs route based on Cross Border Route / Deadwater / Osprey / Lake Loop. Should be enough considering I have to drive six hours home afterwards 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kielder 100 – gpx?’ is closed to new replies.