Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Kielder 100 2012 versus wifes friends wedding
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Just looked on the fridge and there’s a wedding invite for the 15th Sept 2012, same day as the Kielder 100.

As they are my wifes friends is it worth asking if I can prioritise?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

No, wedding it is. Its just a bike race, there are plenty more

warton
    Free Member

don’t go to the wedding = dog house

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I once convinced my parents to leave a wedding so I could watch Star Wars on ITV circa 1982 (we didn’t have a video recorder)so it’s given me a bit of eternal optimism when it comes to getting out of weddings.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

BenHouldsworth – Member
    I once convinced my parents to leave a wedding so I could watch Star Wars on ITV circa 1982 (we didn’t have a video recorder)so it’s given me a bit of eternal optimism when it comes to getting out of weddings.

I was going to ask whether you were 16 but clearly your in your thirties. Your married and still cant work out whether your wife will go mental at you wanting to do some bike race.

FFS !

Junkyard
    Free Member

If it was me I would ask my wife rather than an internet forum about whether it was ok or not – this advice works with anything that affects her and not us
    HTH

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Who Dares Wins!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ask the wife! it was Mr MC and it wasn’t a friend of mine he particularly knew/cared for I’d rather he went off and did MTB race than was grumpy at a wedding, I could then drink, party and gossip to my heart’s content! No internet forum is going to give you the outcome you want, as it’s what will make your wife happy!! DOH …

ruscle
    Free Member

Go to the wedding as always a good lash up, get your wife really drunk and ruin her so you still get your ride and sweat on! 😯

radoggair
    Free Member

Kielder 100 obviously. It only happens once a year and weddings can be terribly boring affairs where all you will do is wish you were racing. If your a fast boy and live localish, you could always pound out a 9hr time, drive home and make the evening reception. Best of both worlds !!

Prioritise as well, your wife may leave you but your bike wont 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

can’t you get the wedding rearranged? or at least relocate it somewhere nearer? just say you’ll pop by after the race has finished?

postierich
    Free Member

You will be able to do both 6.30am start you will probably bail by 9am then nip down to the wedding!

Northwind

It’s not just a bike race though. It’s a ****ing horrible bike race. They’re not so common

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

They’re all horrible if you do them fast enough 🙂

muppet4
    Free Member

At least its only one wedding.
    I have 5 weddings next year – 3 of which fall on the crc marathon weekends and 24hr!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

What, it’s on the 15th? Oh bugger. Bugger bugger bugger. That might just be me out then… And next year I was definitely making the distance!

oldnpastit

What, it’s on the 15th? Oh bugger. Bugger bugger bugger. That might just be me out then… And next year I was definitely making the distance!

+1.
    Son’s birthday.

Murr
    Free Member

are you sure it will be on the 15th just had a look yir right 15th it is then that means about 25 min less daylight

Karinofnine

Race v. wedding? Race every time, I hate weddings. This is my tip for never being pressured to go anywhere, ever again, go to the wedding, get horrendously horribly drunk, lairy, sweary, spew everywhere and crash out unconscious after insulting people.

Warning: This may also destroy your marriage. But who cares? As said above, you’ll still have your bike! 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Kielder 100 2012 versus wifes friends wedding’ is closed to new replies.