Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kids wetsuits – recommendations?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I know nothing about them but are there any makes to look out for? Just want something to keep them warm in spring and autumn in the sea, body boarding etc.

Is secondhand worth considering?

tuffty
    Free Member

As kids grow so fast you will prob only get one summer out of them so I went secondhand. O’Neil are really comfy as the neoprene is soft, also recommend they wear a rash vest under them too. If you are good at guessing how big the kids will be next summer you can get some cracking end of season deals around now on new ones.

brant
    Free Member

Is secondhand worth considering?

I piss in my wetsuit when out on my bodyboard.
    I don’t know what other peoples kids do.

I got my kids wetsuits from here.

http://www.twobarefeet.co.uk/surf/wetsuits/childrens-wetsuits.html

Martin.B
    Free Member

For growing kids, I’ve found the decathlon wetsuits pretty good in terms of cost v performance
    They also dry quick which is a bonus

coffeeking
    Free Member

Pee is pretty hygienic and gets washed out fast, ignore the pansy 🙂 second hand is the way to go and buy for now, they rarely fit right anyway I unless you can devote weekends to the hunt.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Don’t get them shorties.
    A full suit will keep them warmer for longer because the cold water does not wash through as easily.
    +1 for a rash vest

matt_outandabout

Cheap ones here have worked, or second hand and as above get full longs as they are warmer. Also make sure you have one, and a suitable nearby paddling pool. Ours got used a daft amount this summer… 🙂

Ardnamurchan by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Swimming in Loch Tay and Killin by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Swimming in Loch Tay and Killin by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

binners

I got the girls some pretty cheap ones in the summer as they’ll grow out of them so quickly. They haven’t half had some hammer, along with their body boards

You need to get them to try them on though, as the sizing seems to vary enormously.

Great shots there Matt!!

mark90
    Free Member

Last couple of seasons our daughter has had Banana Bite wetsuits from Sainsburys. I’ve been quite impressed by them for the price. Made by The Wetsuit Factory (TWF), as are the ones they sell in service stations, but the Sainsbury ones seem to be a better spec (3mm vrs 2.5mm or 2mm maybe ?)

danandem
    Free Member

I’ve been pleased with north coast wetsuits for my 3/4 year old daughter the we’re one of the only places I could find that did full suits and 3mm in arms legs and body

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kids wetsuits – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.