Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kids outdoor paint ideas.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

I’m looking for some kids paint that can be used outdoors. My plan is to cut out some wooden shapes like flowers and those pesky Moshimonsters so my daughter can paint them and then screwed onto a trellis.

Does anyone know of what sort of paint to use that’s kid friendly and comes in little pots?

There must be something out there, what do nursery’s use?

parkesie
    Free Member

Get down to somewhere like hobby craft stock up on paint glue glitter and anything else they can make a mess with 🙂

twoniner
    Free Member

Shes got loads of water based paints for indoor messing about but I’m after something that will last outdoors. I take it the waterbased stuff will just run after a good downpour?

bgd
    Free Member

Varnish over the paint?

twoniner
    Free Member

Varnish over the paint?

Is that something that can be done then?

antigee

unless you live in a very leafy area try Wilkinsons for kids paint – not sure on the varnish – will probably last long enough without

edit could mix pva in the paint you’ve got – let dry before putting out take pics for scrap books kids are less precious than us grown ups about their art works

cbike
    Free Member

Left over emulsion worked well on our treehouse and lasted about 15 years or just use grown up paint and supervise accordingly?

If you undercoat in white you get a good colour on top. We use this for our festivals where we make large shapes and just let the kids go mental. Pirate ship/house/castle.

Ask on freecycle for left over paint.

JoeG
    Free Member

Buy a bunch of paint samples. The ones linked are 8 oz cans for $3 from Home Depot in the US. They’ll tint them to whatever color you want.

Unless you let the kids drink it, latex paint is pretty safe!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kids outdoor paint ideas.’ is closed to new replies.