Kids Mountain Bike (8-12) lots of good parts

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Kids Mountain Bike (8-12) lots of good parts

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Kids Mountain Bike (8-12) lots of good parts
  • Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

It’s time to move this on, I built it up from parts and a frame I bought from here a few years ago, son has shot up this now too small for him.

The good:

Frame – Woodman D (Original listing) – great quality with sliding dropouts, takes 24-26″ wheels, cost about $700 when new! 1.5″ headtube, not tapered.

Forks – Rockshox Revelation straight steerer, nice and smooth, serviced a few times by me, only issue is a few marks on the lowers and the blue compression dial has vanished (but you can still adjust it easily without it).

Brakes – Hope Mono Mini 2004 vintage, came with my Orange 5, will need bleeding, levers a bit scratched, but still nice brakes. Think I have some spare pads and a seal kit lying around.

Rear Mech – Shimano XT, Front and shifters are deore, 9 speed, all perfectly servicable.

The not so good:

Frame arrived to me with shagged bottom bracket threads, so I’ve put in a square taper BB that tightens against the frame, which to get it to screw together required a bit of fettling to the bb shell, but in all honesty a square taper is fine for a kid (and most of us really) and has never come loose or creaked.

The rear wheel freewheel bearings are dry and rumble a bit, and don’t appear servicable, its been like it since I had the wheel off a mate 5 years ago and the bike has done Llandegla, Cannock etc many times with no issues.

Cranks are cheap 155mm jobs, work fine, look a bit meh. I have got a pair of Deore Sqr taper 175mm cranks I think, so if that’s a deal breaker it can be fixed.

£150

I think about £150 is a pretty good price for a very servicable bike for a kid that will take a lot of abuse and won’t break, if you’ve got 26″ wheels lying around it will take those, or run single speed as a jump bike.

It’s in Shropshire, I’ll be driving to Newcastle tomorrow evening and back again Tuesday if that helps anyone, plus future trips to Glagow and Bracknell planned in the next month.

flything at gmail

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Kids Mountain Bike (8-12) lots of good parts’ is closed to new replies.