Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kid's helmets – where can I find a wide range of them to view?
  • DickBarton

Needing to get a new bike helmet from Santa…I suspect they would like a more MTB looking helmet than a roadie looking helmet. Some ride kit is being bought for Santa which is more downhill shorts rather than the lycra worn by me. So the helmet needs to look in a similar fashion.

Thing is I’m clueless about kid’s helmets and the stuff on Halfords seems to be proper young kids stuff. Had a quick nosey around the web (literally 2 minutes) and I’m not seeing much in the way of ticking the box for MTB looking. Some very nice looking helmets but not really fitting the rest of the ride kit. It also needs to have blue and/or orange in it.

Where do I got to find a resource to give me a list of all the kid’s helmets that may match that requirement? I’m not looking for a BMX lid or an obvious roadie helmet, but everywhere I’m looking I’m not seeing anything to match the requirement.

Cheers.

isitafox
    Free Member

Decathlon?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What age?

For my money, Abus make some of the best kids helmets out there, so I’d look for someone selling them.

DickBarton

ads678

I just got an xs 661 full face helmet for my 7 year old from crc, fits him nicely. Could be worth looking for adult helmets but in really small sizes for proper mtb helmets. Otherwise evans has a few but they’re mostly xc type helmets.

DickBarton

Ah, hadn’t considered that fact – right, small sized adult helmets off to be scanned, ta.

antigee

when we lived in Sheffield always found Langsett cycles had a good range of kids/youths stuff – bought pads/full face there

– bmx potty style helmets are popular with the youth but no tooth protection

http://www.langsettcycles.co.uk/m31b0s449p0/Helmets-and-Shoes/Helmets-Full-Faced

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is this not one of those where fit beats anything else? Can you not do the lid post Christmas to go with all the fun stuff Santa delivered and make a trip to try a bunch on?

DickBarton

Yup, fit is paramount but I’m not ordering umpteen helmets to try 1 and likewise, I’m not going for any 1…I’m trying to find somewhere that has a wide range to view and I can then do further research on a few that meet the initial criteria.

matt_outandabout

We had Giro Flume’s and Met Bad Boy’s – the Giro’s fit much better a range of kiddy heads, and sit lower and smaller. Also available as same helmet in pink/silver/flowers as ladies bunnet, so fitted our lot until last year or so for 14 year old.

TiRed

Never found a child that didn’t fit my son’s spare# MET Crackerjack. An excellent helmet for all shapes of head. Fits small adults too and has a removable peak for road duties. The red flamed version was very popular indeed.

#Of course kids misplace things all the time 😕

MoreCashThanDash

Decathlon, Evans, Halfords Cycle Republic all handy for us.

Couple of smaller LBS’ have a few as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kid's helmets – where can I find a wide range of them to view?’ is closed to new replies.