Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Kids, helmets and gettng them to wear them…
  • crikey
    Free Member

So glad you lot are not my parents…

wilburt
    Free Member

Our kids went/go to a school often quoted as having the highest proportion of kids cycling of any high school.
    You can believe it 8am to 9am is absolute mayhem with literally thousands of kids on bikes going one way and hundreds of adults on bikes going the other.

Very few of the kids wear helmets and despite buying and trying every type my kids are the same, but I would have to say on the 20yrs weve lived here theres never been an serious incident and like I say lots of people ride bikes a lot of the time.

The hi viz wobbly plastic hat commuters are another matter though, they are a danger to themselves and everyone else.

iainc

+1 on the no helmet no ride.

Eldest boy rides with Glasgow Riderz where same rules apply, so it’s pretty much ingrained behaviour.

StirlingCrispin

Depends on what we’re doing.

Bimbling to the library – no helmet if they insist, as they won’t wear one in the car or on a scooter either.

MTBing – helmet, without question.

dahedd
    Free Member

No helmet, no ride. Only exception being the youngest (4) on his old trike he messes around on in the garden. When going out on the bikes its second nature to both him & older sister.

It does help that they have funky helmets & that both myself & the Mrs always wear ours.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Depends where they are riding, I doubt it’s the roads? Never wore them back in my day, I was 40 when I bought my 1st helmet.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Stared from the off with my two, no helmet means no bike riding. They now both put them on before getting their bike and quite often leave them on when playing afterwards the little weirdos

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If he is saying it hurts then believe him and get him one that doesn’t.

Speaks someone who I’m guessing doesn’t have kids. 😉

woody2000

Hmm, progress I think! We’re off on holiday soon and will be taking bikes, he’s asked me for a new helmet so he can ride. Let’s see what happens.

Thanks for the input folks 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Kids, helmets and gettng them to wear them…’ is closed to new replies.