Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Kid’s football causing strife… Advice?
  • ads678

Some kids cant ride a bike or even aford one, thats why they kick a ball around for reason,frustration at not having a bike

My son has 3 bikes and he still just want s to kick a ball about all day long…..

DezB
    Free Member

think I’d go potty if kids were kicking balls against the side of my house day in day out

Course you would. Anyone would*.

*maybe not deaf persons

wombat

Somehow, your own kid’s noise is never as annoying as other people’s….

Children are like farts, you hate other peoples’ and savour your own

user-removed
    Free Member

think I’d go potty if kids were kicking balls against the side of my house day in day out

Course you would. <em class=”bbcode-em”>Anyone would*.

*maybe not deaf persons

Nah.  Deaf folk could *feel* the vibrations and watch their nik-naks dance around on the shelves 🙁  Whatever else I may feel about this kid, I have to concede he can kick a football like a donkey.

40mpg

That old mattress in the corner of the green* – stand it up against your wall. Goal / silencer gains.

*Every green has one

cbike
    Free Member

Rights of the child applies here.  Pay him not to play?   Incentives a Tenner now, and 50 if he keeps quiet for 6 months.  Buy a goal set?   Make friends with him?

Deploying mosquito, dog shit and threats is the most childish and selfish response.   You would deserve dog shit on your house.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Get a couple of long poles and a big f-off net above the fence. Angle in such a way that the ball can’t get into your garden and just gently rolls back down to the annoying kid. Done.

batfink
    Free Member

Those Mosquito things are actually very effective – although you do have to deploy them sensibly – some **** put one up next to some council tennis courts, and just left it running 24/7!  We were in our early thirties, playing tennis on a Saturday afternoon, and it got so bad we had to pack-it-in and go to the pub.  Probably wouldn’t be able to hear it these days 🙂

I think if you fitted one but only turned it on when the kicking became particularly antisocial, that would be reasonable.  It would also give you some scalability in your response – climbs over fence having been asked not to: mosquito goes on.  It’s not about being a grumpy old man, it’s just about (gently) encouraging a change towards more considerate behavior.

But also – get one of the wee protective cages to go around the unit.  In the above tennis incident, if there was a half-brick lying about, the little plastic emitter would have been history.

FuzzyWuzzy

Spread superglue all over your wall

maccruiskeen

EDITED to add, I suspect the kid doesn’t like being at home as he’s happy to stand out in the pouring rain at 10 pm

Maybe see if theres as youth work service – within the council or local branches of charities such as Barnardos etc – doing  any outreach / street work locally (Perhaps his school even.) who can approach him and maybe offer something more interesting to do with his evenings

It seems like annoying you is the nearest thing to fun and friendship he can get – at least he gets noticed.

Merak

Bluetooth speaker placed strategically tuned to Classic FM will see him off.

user-removed
    Free Member

Quick update.  He was at it again on Monday – boof, boof, boof, from late afternoon.  Still at it at 10.30.  BOOF…, BOOF, BOOF.  Did exactly what I expressly set out not to do – went out and lost my shit.  Pointed out the many other walls in the neighbourhood which have the same qualities as mine, managed not to swear and RESULT!  He still kicks the ball about but doesn’t kick it anywhere near the fence / wall.

Even heard him telling his mates to keep it away from our end of the green in a slightly panicky voice.

So thanks to all those who suggested a hard-line approach.  He isn’t a bad lad – he hasn’t spray painted a willy on my wall or twocked my car.  I just needed some reassurance that sometimes, some kids need a **** shouting at.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Now go and say thanks to him and give some positive reinforcements.

user-removed
    Free Member

Nah.  He knew what he was doing and I’m not going to thank him for not being a dick, although it did cross my mind in that first rosy glow of a peaceful evening.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Kid’s football causing strife… Advice?’ is closed to new replies.