Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kids cycling kit
  • timbur
    Free Member

OK, Thing No.1 needs his first pair of riding shorts. Any parents give me a heads up where’s good to shop as he’s growing like a weed and I can’t see the point getting him higher end kit till he settles down a bit.
    Aged 13 and around 5’8” with size 10 feet already! Skinny as a bamboo cane but with an odd amount of endurance and an ability to defy gravity temporarily.
    Baggies ideally as he won’t fill lycra!
    Thanks
    Tim

MoreCashThanDash

Polaris, Decathlon, Dare2Be, Altura.

Look on eBay – they usually out grow it before they wear it out

Kryton57
    lunge

Decathlon.

matt_outandabout

We used Adidas / Nike etc when ours were younger, with Polaris padded shorts.

The usual running gear provided wicking tops and simple shorts or 3/4 that fitted well, the lads liked and cost half what ‘proper’ cycling gear did.

anagallis_arvensis

Decathlon is my go to option

trap6
    Free Member

As some above,Decathlon,my son is 9 1/2 wiriry as you like @ 4 9″ I initially thought he wouldnt be fuller enough too wear padded lycra shorts,they fit like a glove,their sizing in most if not all the different types of sports clothing is bang on ime,I bought some padded on the outside rugby shorts for when we ride the TC’s or in the woods also can’t fault them.

ads678

Yep Decathlon.

Dare 2 be usually has some pretty cheap bits as well. Wiggle DHB has nice stuff for kids, tops especially.

tjaard

I have gone with the high end stuff. On sale, some of is pretty affordable (bought Specialized enduros kids jerseys for ~$15).
    They last a surprisingly long time, even as they grow.
    For shorts, I have gone Troy Lee, for my youngest, as they were the only ones that had a decent length. Not cheap, but on sale I paid $35 on time, and $40 the next time. They are super tough, and with waist adjusters, easily go up a full size in the waist. They can also wear the baggy short and jersey of the bike.

My girls don’t like a chamois on the mtb, so just use some moisture wicking underpants

Tracey

PMd you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kids cycling kit’ is closed to new replies.