Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kids Cab Beds for a T5
  • hatter

Seen these cab beds that just go across the front seats of a van, look ideal for taking the boy away as it means we can both sleep in the van with the bikes, but it’s a brave new world for me.

Are they actually any good?
    Do they mark the interior?
    Any good ones I should look for and nasty ones I should avoid?
    Anyone got one their kids have outgrown that they fancy selling to me? 🙂

jam-bo

They are good, but:

The one I have rests on the doors so you can’t open the doors once it’s being used.

You’ll want a blackout windscreen cover thing.

We fold the passenger bench seat foward to make it easier to access.

hatter

We have captains chairs so he’ll be able to scramble in through the middle of them and get in and out without opening the doors.

We hav a kombi so the plan was to remove the bench seats so there’s more room for the bikes and my sleeping space.

Saw the blackout screens, are insulated ones a good idea? I can’t imagine we’ll be doing this in the depths of winter.

ElShalimo

These are probably the best insulating and blackout screen for the van: http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/start.html

Expensive but excellent quality and you don’t get condensation on the inside. If you put it away when wet it’ll dry in now time once you air it. We bought ours used on eBay and it’s far better than the Hindermann screen we had before that.

d42dom

If you are Dorsetish, I have one for a T4, not sure if the fit would be any different, that has been outgrown…

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have one of these –

https://nlavw.com/interior/180-german-quality-cab-child-bunk-for-vw-t5.html

You are welcome to try it out. Mail me, you know my email address 😉

hatter

Thanks Mister P, may just do that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kids Cab Beds for a T5’ is closed to new replies.