Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kids bike bits
  • paladin

Building up a 26″ wheeled bike for my 11 year old (well he’s building it), still looking for a few bits…..

Whats a decent saddle? I’m assuming an adults one isn’t going to be too comfy?

What’s a decent seatpost clamp for small hands?

Also, decent thin grips for small hands?

cheers

daern
    Free Member

Oddly, I’m still using Islabike saddles for my 9yo even though he’s been on a non-Islabike for 12 months now, because they are a good shape, reasonably light and very cheap (£15 IIRC). By 11yo, they may well be onto a smaller adult size though – it would very much depend on the build of your son. If interested, call them up and you can buy them direct. A fair few club racers are running the cheap, chinese carbon ones from eBay now, but I feel this is a bit cruel (even thought he pesters me to buy one every week!)

Regarding grips, I use these ones because they’re a good size (bit narrower than normal, quite thin), decent price and half decent quality. They do wear quite quickly, so bear this in mind, but we get at least a year out of a set.

poah
    Free Member

Whats a decent saddle? I’m assuming an adults one isn’t going to be too comfy?

measure his sit bones and go from there. Ergon has an online saddle suggester.  Lewis has ridden with a narrow WTB volt and a bel air SDG2

What’s a decent seatpost clamp for small hands?

fit a dropper

Also, decent thin grips for small hands?

ergon GE1 thin or GD1 thin

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Yak

+1 for the narrow volt or an older rocket v if you can find them.

paladin

Cheers, will look into all that.

Hes got a dropper on his current bike and thats been great, but he wont have quite enough height on his new one, unless of course he sprouts in the next few months.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kids bike bits’ is closed to new replies.