Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Kid in car, baked to perfection.
  • Edukator
    Free Member

You should have smashed the window. In France where I admit it’s a little hotter people feel obliged to do so because of the “non-assistance à personne en danger” law. It happens in other hot places too. It’s invariably the parents that get arrested and the window breaker praised.

Ska8er boys to the rescue!

Edric64
    Free Member

Do you bake kids for 20 minutes a pound +20 as you do for a joint of beef?
    If it was a fat kid we dont get enough sun in one day in England so you might need to leave it all weekend.

lemonysam
    Free Member

It does get taken fairly seriously by the authorities, good job OP:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-14109213

sas78

Well done OP, I commend you. If anyone genuinely thinks it’s right to just leave out to the police then society is completely ruined. You call the police of course, but it’s your moral duty to act in the best interest of that child until the police get there.

Well done again. Whatever the parents class/creed/age/employment status, they are scum.

project
    Free Member

It’s this kind of self righteous liberal political correctness crap that gets my goat.

well said,

FeeFoo
    Free Member

It’s this kind of self righteous liberal political correctness crap that gets my goat.
    well said,

Nope.
    Political correctness is used to remind ourselves that casual bigotry is not acceptable.

I’m NOT claiming this example is exactly the same but if the class/fat statement had been substituted for race, i.e., “then the (black racist word) woman turned up” would it still have been tediously politically correct to point it out?

Bigotry is bad, mmmmmkay?

Cougar

Sounds like a massive overreaction to me. I’ve seen the adverts; it’s dogs that die in hot cars, not children.

Good work, OP.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Not overreaction, reaction.

I applaud the OP for his actions but not his (and some subsequent posters’s) language about the parent(s).

Edukator
    Free Member

So how would you have described them, Feefoo? Lets have the politically correct term for potty-mouthed, obese, white trash so we don’t offend you anymore.

soundninjauk

potty-mouthed, obese, white trash

You just described my neighbour.

Junkyard
    Free Member

would it still have been tediously politically correct to point it out?

no if they used totally different words it would have meant something completely different

That said the usual suspects ,who want to use the language of the 1970’s, are the ones largely moaning on this thread about PC gone mad

mightymule
    Free Member

Congratulations to the OP.

PS, “dopey looking porker” might not be the most polite description, but it certainly sounds like it was accurate 🙂

Bunnyhop

Well done to the op.

I bet loads of people noticed what was going on but as usual couldn’t be bothered to do anything about a serious situation.

CountZero

Well done OP; me, I’d have phoned the police, and while I was on the phone, said ‘this is me putting the side window in, and that noise is the screaming, overheated child’, just so they have it on record.
    I’d do the same if it was a dog, too, irrespective of what ‘class’ the owners are; I don’t believe in discrimination, stupidity crosses all boundaries. 😐

FeeFoo
    Free Member

So how would you have described them, Feefoo? Lets have the politically correct term for potty-mouthed, obese, white trash so we don’t offend you anymore.

How about, “the mother”, “a woman”?

Not enough unnecessary invective for you, Edukator, I suspect.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Not enough unnecessary invective for you, Edukator, I suspect.

Unfortunately sometimes there’s no ‘politically correct’ way of telling it how it is.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I’m NOT claiming this example is exactly the same but if the class/fat statement had been substituted for race, i.e., “then the (black racist word) woman turned up” would it still have been tediously politically correct to point it out?

You’re trolling? Please tell me you’re trolling?

Race (in genetics context), isn’t changeable. Being obese and/or underclass is, and neither are to be encouraged.

Note, plenty of ‘underclass’ have lots of money, so let’s not confuse this underclass with traditional class stereotypes.

brakes
    Free Member

what if the class/fat statement had been substituted with a chapter from Mein Kampf? Godwin would have peed his tighty whities.

Northwind

Wonder how many of the people who reckon they’d put in a window would actually just end up futilely bouncing rocks or street furniture off it instead… Much much harder than you’d think unless you’ve got a nicely pokey implement.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i bow to your car jacking /breaking in expertise 😉

CountZero

Wonder how many of the people who reckon they’d put in a window would actually just end up futilely bouncing rocks or street furniture off it instead… Much much harder than you’d think unless you’ve got a nicely pokey implement.

Didn’t seem to be a problem to the arsehole who put a hole through the side window of my Chevette when it was parked outside my house, although there was some blood on the edges of the broken glass. I’ve usually got something hard and metallic with me, like a multitool.

Northwind

Not so easy on a modern car. No I am not a carjacker but sometimes it is useful to get things out from inside a locked car, keys for example 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

Most unsatisfactory for written media. Imagine reading a book in which every character is described as a “man” or a “woman”.

I’m sure the OP had no proof the woman was the mother so that rules out your second alternative. He also had no proof the person was a woman. His choice of words was therefore both more factually correct and a much better description than either woman or mother.

Woman and mother could both be construed as sexist by the politically correct on here but the OP never revealed the sex of the “parents”. They could have been two men, two women or a man and a woman, natural or adoptive parents. It seems me that in the current climate of sexual tolerance the OPs choice of words was much better than the clearly sexist assumption the person “tending” was female.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn’t it a bit weird that those who would rather speak in the language of the seventies do more dancing on pinheads to justify it than the politically correct handwringers.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Most unsatisfactory for written media. Imagine reading a book in which every character is described as a “man” or a “woman”.

So, by that argument, this sentence is better “the fat, chav scum came out….”.

Not sure why someone would want to defend bigotry in 2013; it lacks a basic Edukation.

Edukator
    Free Member

You misquote both myself and the OP, Feefoo.

My suggestion was “potty-mouthed, obese, white trash”.

The OP said “a dopey looking porker”. That’s not bigotry it’s an accurate description.

I find neither as offensive as your sexist assumption that the person tending/mistreating the children was female.

gears_suck
    Free Member

You can’t hide it FeeFoo. Idiot. Sorry if that offends. I should have said, ‘challenged’.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Happy to aid clarification

mattyd
    Free Member

Fair play to the OP.
    It’s hard doing the right thing, always easier to walk on by like everyone else.
    My dad is my yard stick for being a ‘proper stand up and be counted type bloke’ – I try to do what I think he would do, and he would do the same as th OP.
    On the choice of words regarding the ‘tender’ – I’m a bit surprised that using the term ‘dopey porker’ seems to be the most shocking thing in this story. I quite like the choice of words, and I’m actually a bit of a hand wringing liberal, to be honest.

binners

What a start to the week! A proper Monday morning bleeding heart, inclusive hand-wringing Guardianista v ‘Common Sense’ salt of the earth type bun-fight. With some traditional what-in-the-name-of-all-that-is-holy-is-he-waffling-on-about Hora gibberish for good measure. Brilliant! 😆

As a solution to this type of thing, could we not just establish a system where people who don’t like olives and New Zealand Savignon Blanc aren’t allowed to have children?

If there’s one criticism here, its that this isn’t quite the complete argument. You lot are slacking. It seems fairly obvious that we haven’t ascertained the offenders skin-tone or religious leanings yet. I suspect there’s plenty more scope for outrage and offense yet. Sort it out!!! 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

And did they pass the “Tattoo Test” ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

What a start to the week! A proper Monday morning bleeding heart, inclusive hand-wringing Guardianista v ‘Common Sense’ salt of the earth type bun-fight. With some traditional what-in-the-name-of-all-that-is-holy-is-he-waffling-on-about Hora gibberish for good measure. Brilliant!

We’re almost at the prefect storm of a STW thread. A flounce and tyre-related question and we could just close the forums forever!
    It’ll never be as good as that again.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I find the phrase “a dopey looking porker” to be both inaccurate and offensive to me personally. I believe it should have read ‘a dopey-looking porker, or porkerette.

And I wouldn’t risk involving myself in any dispute with such lest I get savaged by a psycho staffie.

And it was a caring move by the OP. Let’s not forget that.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

OP, good on you.

The rest of you on your horses with your politically correctness, you are being dicks.

Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Kid in car, baked to perfection.’ is closed to new replies.