Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kid friendly brake levers – for disk brake
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

Thanks to @tb927 on here I’ve managed to get a 20″ Trek Roscoe from Dirt Factory for my son. It arrived this morning and is fantastic, except the brake levers are a lot bigger than I was expecting. Actually it’s all a lot bigger than his 16″ Islabike that he’s moving on from. He’s having trouble reaching and pulling the levers confidently. Any ideas whether there are kid friendly levers available that are cable disc brake friendly?

molgrips
    Free Member

There might be reach adjust on the levers. Look for a little screw on the inboard side of the lever.

EDIT Just checked the pics on the Trek website and there doesn’t appear to be an adjuster.

You could try something like this

CRC link https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/tektro-mt3-0-brake-levers/rp-prod34836

ajantom

The Tektro kids levers that work with V-brakes will also work fine with mechanical discs.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol jinx!

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Just checked the bike and it has those adjusters but they don’t seem to move the lever at all. Are they preload for the spring in the lever?

Edit: ignore me! You have to screw them right the way in to move the lever. All fine now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kid friendly brake levers – for disk brake’ is closed to new replies.