Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Kicking the Never Ending Lurgy?
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Right – getting sick of this recurring cold that heads straight down into my chest. It has been going on for weeks, and my other half keeps coming down with it too (though mine is being particularly unpleasant at the moment probably due to knackering myself out on Wednesday and then going to work on Thursday when I probably shouldn’t have been).

Any suggestions for kicking it so I can get out riding again? I suspect it is the product of being run down as I am plagued by ulcers in my mouth/tongue which started to clear up with Vitamin B complex, but I forgot to take it for a few days and they popped back out again.

My doctor seems pretty much useless, so not much point in going there (again)

philconsequence
    Free Member

sounds like cat AIDS, can i have your bike when you die?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

lol I had blood tests a while back from the useless quack, so I am hoping to avoid the cat AIDS, but I do have 4 cats… so you never know….

And no, I am pretty sure someone dibbed my bike a long time ago 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

dammit, the everlasting power of the dib!

hels
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I have always been uber healthy, one mild cold a year, but this year the winter chesty cough has been hell. Went on for 3 weeks, then seemed to get better for a couple of weeks, started some gentle bike riding again. And it’s back…. or it’s another cold.

Although I think my problems might be more about working with the public again and getting exposed to more germs.

I heartily recommend some kind of cough medicine. The more chemicals the better. It’s the only thing that helps me sleep.

footflaps

Yep OH has this, as do a few at work. Seems to last a couple of months at least – suspected pneumonia and apparently the lungs take ages to recover after it.

ell_tell
    Free Member

I suspect this never ending winter is not helping much.

Have you access to a sauna? You could try sweating the bugger out?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Ah, joy.

Suspect working in the poo industry isn’t helping me too much either.

geetee1972
    Free Member

My son has had this for about three weeks now and I know people from work who have had the same experience. Up and down like a whores draws and always a nasty chest infection with it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

can i have your sons bike?

neninja
    Free Member

A mate has it and has done for weeks. If he tries to do anything he gets properly tired and has cold like symptoms all the time.

He’s not on antibiotics as it’s developed into a sinus infection aswell

philconsequence
    Free Member

does your mate have a bike/been in contact with a cat?

geetee1972
    Free Member

can i have your sons bike?

LOL he’s only 6 months old! 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

so that means nobody has called dibs yet?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Well he has dibbs on his older brother’s bike. |His older brother (who’s three) should be about to move onto a Isla bike with pedals.

Problem is my eldest is in rude health and is still very keen on his red Spesh balance bike.

We do have a cat though so watch this space.

philconsequence
    Free Member

*bookmarks thread*

on a serious note, fingers, toes and nuts crossed everyone starts feeling better soon!

joemarshall
    Free Member

I used to always have colds, all winter. This year i have been swimming in rivers every week since september, without missing a week, and i feel like i’ve had far less bad colds. Extreme cold exposure is supposed to strengthen your immune system, although the evidence for that is slightly inconclusive. I might just be imagining it and feeling I am less sick because i feel more positive, it might all be a placebo effect, but i certainly feel stronger and better, so I don’t care!

Right now possibly isn’t the time to start, but i can recommend it for next year.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

its going around. both me and the wife have had stinking head colds for well over a week now, nothing drastically debillatating but just super snotty and a little on the chest. loads of people have same.

really nailed my training for the tri a week sun, with the air temp (snow flurrys yesterday, i live in west cornwall its supposed to be the midest part of the uk) and my shivering cycling has just been impossible and swimming… hell i tried again last night and i just can’t breath in the pool.

lizzz
    Free Member

Spend most of this afternoon vomiting through my nose. I think I prefer this type of being unwell.
    It’s woeful while it’s going on but hopefully wont last long!

Chin up folks, it’s summer! :p

househusband

I was just back on the bike several weeks ago after December, January and February off the bike with adult whooping cough. Now, just before Easter and the start of half-term holiday (yes, I’m a lazy-ass teacher) I get the cough that several colleagues and dozens of kids around whom I breathe have been passing around…

It has indeed been a tough, and very incessant, winter and ‘spring’… 👿

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Kicking the Never Ending Lurgy?’ is closed to new replies.