Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • key safe / wallet advice
  • Marge
    Free Member

Any good product experience for something to put keys / bank card in during cycling?
    Most of my cycling clothing has just open pockets (no zips) hence I’d like something I can secure to my clothes / body in another way & don’t fancy a bum bag type thing.

Never lost my car key yet but it just feels like it will happen eventually…

mjsmke

Where do you put tools/pump?

eskay

Get a micro wedge to go under your seat if it concerns you. The only thing that has fallen out of my back pockets in 25+ years of cycling is a pump that was about 10″ long!

Marge
    Free Member

Pump etc goes in my back pocket but if I lose my pump (again) it’s not such a PITA as losing car key.

DT78
    Free Member

More likely to loose it when the saddle bag fails (2 for me so far) just get a small bag to put stuff in and then in the back pocket. I use a lezyne jobbie.

jonba
    Free Member

I put a phone, card, note and front door key in a small plastic bag in my pocket. Even ok on the CX bike, never lost anything out of a pocket.

You can buy small plastic cases that work but I had some thick small plastic bags that worked just as ell.

I have tied a small piece of ribbon to my car key and pin it in the pocket when I’m doing my numbers for races if I’m feeling particularly paranoid.

singlespeedstu

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcBjB_qSyQg[/video]

backinireland
    Free Member

Do you need to carry cards keys with you?

I was worried about loosing car key so now I use this

http://www.surfdome.com/Lockjaw_Lock_-_Lockjaw_Key_Safe_Lock_-_Keypod-13140?_$ja=tsid:39151%7cprd%3a13140%7ccat%3aSurf+Accessories&utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=CSE&utm_keyword=&adtype=pla&istCompanyId=6eb6b8f6-7dcb-4576-851b-e1dff2ebaf99&istItemId=qlxmwqip&istBid=tztx&_$$ja=cgid:17514703272|tsid:13319|cid:207408912|lid:44880150740|nw:g|crid:53778865032|rnd:14812145944185830122|dvc:t|adp:1o1|bku:1&gclid=CJmrqc3_u8ACFQrjwgodhGcAdg

backinireland
    Free Member

Secure it round ‘re a r tow hook on car

carlos
    Free Member

What about a running wallet or one of those jobbies for swimming that has a lanyard ?

nealglover
    Free Member

….Secure it round ‘re a r tow hook on car

You might as well leave the keys in the car for all the good those keypods are!
    Even more so if it’s somewhere really obvious, and easy to get to, like on a tow hook.

They are dead easy to get into with very little fuss and minimal tools (decent screwdriver)

chipster

Fasten your key on a looped bootlace around your neck. I’ve used lanyards with clips, but they snag holes in your base layer.

trout
    Free Member

Frame bag smaller ones are available

sockpuppet

Safety pin?

neilwheel
    Free Member

Have a search on ebay for “Waterproof aluminium card wallet”

I bought one to carry bank card, some cash and medication, thought it would be junk but worth a £3 gamble. It’s actually pretty good, not submersible, but weather proof. The catch will pop open if you over fill it, I put an elastic band round it and the rubber helps to grip it in your pocket too.

House key on a lanyard, I don’t have a car so ride from home.

You can get small bags from Alpkit, (Fuel cell, Stem cell) to carry these bits on the bike.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I put all my stuff in one of these. Nicely laid out but not waterproof if that is an issue.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Sports direct sell a small dry bag (about the size of a sandwich bag) for £3 if you need it water proof. Or just a bit of string/cord around you neck if it’s not a fancy electronic key and the weather is dry.
    More expensive dry bags are available.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘key safe / wallet advice’ is closed to new replies.