Kettlebells

Home Forum Chat Forum Kettlebells

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Kettlebells
  • stur

Fek all. Stick with the free weights and make good form and overall posture your priority.

singlecrack

Is that special code …??

patriotpro

Try a workout and find out. Loads on YouTube.

Very good exercise for several reasons and cycling-beneficial. I approve.

singlecrack

Stur …that’s just what I thought …….I was always told not to swing with free weights as its cheating ……is kettlebells all cheating 😆

glupton1976

Hee haw: Adj. Meaning ‘Nothing’ or very little. Mainly a Central Scottish term.

singlecrack

Yep special code then ……… 😉

dobo

if he doesnt get it off his chest it will be kettlebell rage 😉

singlecrack

So what does a kettlebell workout do that’s better than a normal free weights work out ….just wondering ..it seems to be the in thing ATM …is it worth trying ..

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

it seems to be the in thing ATM

I thought kettlebells were a few years old now, whereas Crossfit seems to be the latest ‘in thing’. Certainly huge in the US right now and cropping up in the UK as well, eg we now have two CrossFit ‘Boxes’ in Cambridge whereas we had none last year.

singlecrack

Wtf is crossfit

glupton1976

You basically get the biggest crucifix you can find and use it like a dumbell.

singlecrack

Holly shit …I’m soo behind the times ……

Gary_M

My sons after some weights and I was looking at kettlebells today as they don’t take up much space. What should I look at buying?

glupton1976

Holly shit

Who is Holly and why are you lifting her shit?

singlecrack

Lol dumb as predictive ……….you wouldn’t believe some of the shit that comes up sometimes ….and me sending without reading …. 😳

21dwb

I’m just starting out with kettlebells, its more of a CV workout as its not done by reps but time. In one session you hit all of your body but especially your legs.

The use of kettlebells is almost as old as the hills, used extensively by the russian military and their training isn’t too be sniffed at! They are good to have at home as they don’t take up much space and also make useful door stops!!

singlecrack

Yes they don’t take up much room …but……how often do you have to repair your ceiling ….as you have to swing them pretty high ….. 🙄

danjthomas

Crossfit it great but you could die doing it. Try doing a tonne of kettle bell swings. That will stengthen your back, glutes, arms, shoulders etc.

But do them properly.

21dwb

never its an army quarter you can’t spot the damage!!

Gary_M

What weights should I buy for him? He”s 16, broad, 6′ tall.

21dwb

Depends how strong he is, i’d guess 12kg will be more than enough initially but will prob need a 16 shortly after. You don’t want to go too heavy too early as he needs to get the movements correct first.

I find that some exercises i’m using 12s, some 16s and some 20s all in the same work out.

patriotpro

What weights should I buy for him? He”s 16, broad, 6′ tall.

His width and height have nowt to do with what weight you buy.

As above get a 12kg, you’ll get at least a few months out of it and to be reaping full benefits, you will need to practice technique and 12kg is a good weight to learn good technique on.

Loads of stuff on YouTube and you’ll get a cast-iron bell delivered for under £30.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Kettlebells’ is closed to new replies.