Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Keswick YHA
  • gingerss
    Free Member

I require a cheap place to stay in Keswick, so YHA is top of my list.

I am a little cautious however, as after seeing the ‘secure’ bike storage at Swallow Falls YHA I just wanted to check if anyone else has experience of this YHA, and if you can advise whether the bike storage is actually secure – i.e. in a locked garage or such with something solid to further lock the bike to.

Other cheap alternatives also welcome, but I do need proper bike storage.

TIA

ART

Sure someone else will be along in a minute … stayed there once and facilities/ security was fine. You have to wheel your bike through the building out the back where they have a shed in an enclosed courtyard – i.e. only access is from/ through the building. It is padlocked with a key held centrally. IIRC we used our own padlock to lock bikes together in the shed, as this is a shared space and so other people were in and out getting their bikes. As someone who is fairly paranoid about bike security I felt reasonably relaxed about leaving my bike – helped largely by the value of other bikes in the store it has to be said! HTHs

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Ask for Dave at Keswick Hostel,otley rd,hes a mountain biker (orange 5 sorry) and should be able to fix you up 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Keswick YHA’ is closed to new replies.