Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Keswick green RAL code for a frame.
  • shredder

Does anybody have or know the RAL code for Keswick green.
    Thanks

jonnyrobertson

7009?

shredder

Looks a little dark I think.

sharkattack

I’ve been through this a couple of times and it’s absolutely no good trying to choose one on a phone or laptop. You need to visit your local powder coater and ask to see the RAL charts or even some sample parts.

shredder

It’s for a new Stanton frame so might leave it to them to source ?

It would appear no actual RAL code is exactly the same.

6019 & 6021 are close (ish)

joshvegas
    Free Member

as above its totaly pointless looking on a screen you need to get the real colour card.

sharkattack

Don’t Stanton do their own powder coating? I imagine they would be the perfect people to get exactly what you want. Let them sort it out.

Just out of curiosity I opened up some RAL charts on my work PC (2 monitors) my iPad and my phone, and I’m seeing 4 different shades of every different colour. It’s subtle in some cases and very noticeable in others.

jonba
    Free Member

As above you need the cards although ideally a sample of the finished article as finish can affect things also.

It probably isn’t a RAL code. RAL is just a set of discreet colours. Unless there is a specific need then often people producing coatings just make up there own colour standards or may have picked a different one.

teamslug

Ral standard powder coatings are made to a guide colour. This colour has to be within the tolerances of something called Delta E for each colour. A RAL 6009 from one manufacturer could have a delta e of 0.1 and another of 0.9, technically they are both RAL 6009 but will look subtly different.

zerocool

@jonba- Transition we’re like this. Years ago we needed to touch up the wife’s TR450 years ago and they were like ‘it’s a custom colour, a nail varnish is your best bet’. Not the most useful at the time but Lara from Transition has always been super approachable and helpful the rest of the time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.