Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Keswick evening rides
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Folks

Seem to remember a post on here last year about evening rides going from Keswick. I’m coming over to the area in May for a couple of weeks with the family and I’m keen to tag along for some invaluable local knowledge. I did my MBL qualifications there and love the riding.

Can anybody supply a point of contact, meeting locations, days and times so the wee wife and I can plan ahead for a month or so’s time?

Cheers

GaVgAs
    Free Member

You would be made very welcome, we meet at the pedlar cafe in Keswick every Tuesday at 1830, I should say we are a very hospitable bunch, although the riding is not regarded as shall we say blue, be prepared four an hours carrying,and 15-20 miles, don’t bother with the lycra, a hip flask and a very good jacket along with the usual mtb attire is essential.

free counselling is provided at the Bank tavern pub at about 10pm if everyone gets back in one piece.

see you there,oh nearly forgot, Its flipping good fun too. 😉

http://www.harvington-house.co.uk acommodation should you need it.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

If you ddont want to ride with the main group, I would be more than happy to do something easier if you wish, just turn up on the night and we can sort a great ride out. 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Just an hour of carrying? Standards appear to have slipped.

robarnold
    Free Member

Sounds mega gaVgAs, see you on 6th May

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Were a LOT faster at carrying now paul.. 8)

alansd1980

Are these rides open to all?
    Going to be in keswick on holiday from next saturday for a week and have managed to secure a pass for tuesday night.

alansd1980

Bump for the lunchtime visitors??

alansd1980

Massive thanks to Gavin and the rest of the group tonight.
    That was a tough night out. I was way beyond my comfort zone but everyone was really friendly and didn’t seem to mind waiting for me.

Not sure I would hike a bike so much every week but it was a hell of an experience and I won’t forget it soon.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just checked, thats one of my old favourites from when I was up there!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Where did you go?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

From what I saw on a mates strava up cheeky fell, round cheeky pike and down cheeky fell 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ah, a fave of mine too!.

alansd1980

Just checking the map and it looks like along new lands pass, up to the top of Robinson, along to dale head, high spy cairn, maiden moor and down from there.

The difference between mountain biking in the north and South is stark. I wouldn’t be riding my 100mm travel rockhopper round these parts for long.

Thanks again to everyone for looking after me!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think that was what I described 😉

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Glad you had a good wobble around alansd1980, it was a great night, but tad later finish than normal (11pm)

SolidAir

Some piccies from Cheeky Fell and Whatsitscauld Pike

lowey

Great pics. That climb up from Newlands to Cheeky fell is a killer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep I do miss it when I see all the Tuesday pics up, just 90,000 more air miles to collect.

boxelder

11pm?
    Bank Tavern still serving?

alansd1980

Don’t think anyone tried although a drink was needed to try and calm me down when I got back indoors.

Trying to figure out if I can squeeze on another ride before heading back home on Saturday!

stoney
    Free Member

Big Dave (Solidair) was the only one to make it tp the Tavern. Personally i really don`t like that way over Robinson, i would rather stick needles in my eyes then go up that way. That wet boggy bit + endless unridable steep grass……No wonder you were out all night….. 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think I bailed last time someone headed up that way and took the first ridge had time for pie & chips before heading to the bank 🙂

How you healing up Andy?

stoney
    Free Member

Not too bad thanks Mike…. allmost all healed 😛

robarnold
    Free Member

Looking forward to tonight chaps, let’s hope it clears up a wee bit and we get some views like those pics above!

See you at half six

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Keswick evening rides’ is closed to new replies.