Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Kerazeee bars
  • ajt123
    Free Member

Just put the hammer down on some whacky bars;

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/spank-spoon-800-skyscraper-riser-bar/rp-prod197255

75mm

It’s going to be awesome, or awful.

I’m excited!

tomhoward

Based on some 60mm rise x 760mm wide bars I saw fitted to a 5010, they’ll look, ummm, challenging.

https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=8999&pagenum=734

What are they going on?

sirromj

What would the challenge be? Sending yourself over them?

Tim
    Free Member

Was not far off the norm a few years back 😉

I like the look of them. Shame I’m a short arse

didnthurt

They don’t look too dissimilar to the Stooge Moto bars I have on my err… Stooge. I like them.

jkomo

The Moto bars look ace. These, not so much.

rstephenson
    Free Member

I just bought a set of those in 60mm rise to help out with some neck pain. From experimenting with lots of spacer and a set of 25mm rise bars I think it’s going to help plus I’ve actually feel in a better position for steeper descending. The stooge ones look ace, shame the aluminium ones are out of stock, though they’re a mere 38mm rise. Am tempted by the steel scrambler ones though! Would be interested to see how much the sweep changes the feel.. shame there’s not a bar library where you could rent different types out before deciding which to buy otherwise experimenting could get costly!
    Good article on the hang ups the mtbiking community have on such matters here.
    https://nsmb.com/articles/fit-before-fashion-protapers-76mm-riser-bar/

lucasshmucas

I use Spank Spike vibrocores with a 50mm rise. I think they are great, but then I like comfort and a bimble.

funkmasterp

Love the Stooge Junker bars and have the 85mm version on my err… Stooge. I’d definitely consider the Moto bars on a hardtail too.

rstephenson
    Free Member

How do you guys running the stooge bars find the backsweep compared to regular bars? Is it noticeable? Comfort v control?

funkmasterp

Very comfortable and easy to control in my opinion. Don’t feel as long as they are either. Not tried them on anything other than a Stooge though (Speedball and now Dirtbomb).

bigblackshed

All of the Stooge bars have a larger sweep angle than pretty much everything on the market, except Jones H bars. OK there’s a couple of others, but.

I find the large sweep aids hand and wrist comfort, especially on a rigid bike like the Stooge where the idea was to get your weight off your wrists allowing you more control. You can move your arms to control direction far easier than when your not leaning on your hands.

As an exaggeration try grabbing a broom handle as if it was a pair of bars at 800mm width, fairly normal Nduro width. Now hold it out in front of you at navel height with your elbows slightly bent. Put the broom down on a kitchen work top height, stand in front and spread your arms to the same width without holding the broom. Relax your wrists and see the wrist shape difference.

It makes sense to me. It’s also far, far comfier.

ajt123
    Free Member

They are going on my Bird Aeris.

Gonna slam the stem. I don’t like the tree of spacers look, plus want to keep the reach.

Having got them out of the packet, it’s the width that’s the big wow factor.

Not gone as large as 800 before. May need to cut them. Reckon 770 is my sweet spot.

clubby

Based on some 60mm rise x 760mm wide bars I saw fitted to a 5010, they’ll look, ummm, challenging.

Considering the colour choices, those bars are the least of that bike’s problems! Probably at least one size too small.

Just trialled 50mm rise Burgtec bars on my Whyte but only lasted one ride. Felt like I wanted higher bars but actually made bike feel like a shopper. Did like the rise and sweep angles though compared to stock bar. Reluctant to drop another 70 quid on bars so soon though. Pity no one does a bar demo.

BillOddie

Lots of bikes have long reaches and low stacks due to slack HA and shortish head tubes. If you  want your grips higher (higher stack) but want to maintain the reach then these proper high rise bars make a lot of sense!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Kerazeee bars’ is closed to new replies.