Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kennet & Avon canal
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

is it worth a day out on the GRRvel bike?

nickjb
    Free Member

It runs through some nice scenery. A few interesting bits of history and plenty of pubs along the way. Can get muddy although should be OK at the moment. There’s some old roman roads and byways that could make it into a loop as well. I’d say its worth it.

anagallis_arvensis

Some nice pubs along the way, more gentle summer pootle than hammertime. You could use it to make a nice loop.
    Whereabouts you starting from?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thomthumb
    Free Member

thinking train to bath, ride to aldermaston then turn south back towards the coast.

loop could be an option…

lukeekulluke
    Free Member

Theres a nice swimming spot which I think is along that way, you can stop off at if its warm.

Canal paths just above the river.

rudyard197
    Free Member

That looks ace^^. Where is that?

hooli

Some sections get very busy with walkers, dog walkers, prams, kids etc so I would avoid sunny weekends if I were you.

nickjb
    Free Member

Quite a few fishermen too. How’s your bunny hopping?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Some sections get very busy with walkers, dog walkers, prams, kids etc so I would avoid sunny weekends if I were you.

Quite a few fishermen too. How’s your bunny hopping?

hmm. this is putting me off a little. any thoughts on how busy it would be mid week. thinking sometime next week…

DavidB
    Free Member

It’s fine, I’ve ridden it Devises to Bath on sunny weekends and although it is busy you make good progress. Get on with it.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Rudyard that’s Warleigh weir on the river Avon opposite Claverton on the A36 s of Bath. Part of a great SUP loop too (cross-post-content)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kennet & Avon canal’ is closed to new replies.