• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Kendal Mint Cake
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Not seen it around for ages. It used to be a staple when hillwalking back in the seventies.

A quick google says it’s still made, I’m going to send off for a selection pack.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Honking stuff.
    #FACT

johnikgriff
    Free Member

They sell it everywhere (well not quite). But every out door type shop round here (Chester) does, even the new big go outdoors. If you go the lakes, they actually do sell it everywhere.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Still my first choice energy bar in any type of event. Had a couple of squares before swim today in fact. Romneys remains the kink of Kendal mint cake IMO. I recently topped up in Aldi!!

AlasdairMc

It makes for a great emergency energy food, as it just sits there never being eaten by choice. I’ve left one in my car for years and it sorted me out of a post-ride bonk.

trevron73
    Free Member

I bought 7 bars from Keswick a month ago for my southern softie workers who had never eaten or even heard of it , i ate 3 types and it was better than redbull? i was buzzin my tits off for 3 hours.

sniff
    Free Member

Aldi do a cheap 4 pack sometimes

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Mmmmmm. Chocolate covered mint cake….. For breakfast.

Mackem

lovely stuff. Might order a box right now.

darrell
    Free Member

best hangover cure

fact

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Mmmmmm. Chocolate covered mint cake….. For breakfast.

sam42
    Free Member

Like heroin it comes in two varieties, white and the superior brown. 😀

Anyone remeber the Not the Nine O’clock news sketch, with Rowan Atkison wanting to “pool the Kendle Mint Cake with one trustworthy person”?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

go outdoors, there’s one in edinburgh, have romneys including the chocolate covered one.

zokes
    Free Member

Sadly it doesn’t exist in Oz. My yearly xmas presents sent to me get savoured…

IHN

It’s just pure sugar isn’t it (with mint as well, obviously)?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Kendal Mint Cake’ is closed to new replies.