Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Ken Livingstone – you cretin
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

at least londoners care enough about the place they live to engage in the mayoral elections!

GREAT POINT!

+ 7,500,000 (population of London. All figures are ish & in no way reflect voter apathy or turnout)

binners

Its been a useful exercise for the rest of the country (thats the bit outside the M25). Note how everyone else has voted NO THANKS to elected mayors.

Its also highly amusing that there is a movement within the Tory party that thinks that the performing baboon shtick has worked in London, its bound to go down a storm everywhere

Could there ever be a starker illustration of how far removed from reality these people are?

joao3v16
    Free Member

at least londoners care enough about the place they live to engage in the mayoral elections!

Which is strange considering how many other major uk cities have voted against having an elected mayor …

I think they’re a good idea myself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mogrim

I think it’s a pity the other cities haven’t voted for having mayors, it’s one way to inject a bit of variety of opinion and regionality into the major political parties: a successful mayor would stand a great chance of leading his or her party in the future, and wouldn’t simply be another Westminster party HQ apparatchik.

mcboo
    Free Member

Spent loads of time down there. My sister lives in Kentish Town. Good for a weekend? Certainly. Live there? You must be ****ing joking!!!

Binners Kentish Town is a notorious cr4phole and good for one thing only – heroin. Next time you are down come up the hill to the N.London leafy paradise that is Crouch End, N8. I never want to live anywhere else.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

easy McBoo, that’s where I live. It’s quite nice I’ll have you know.

hora
    Free Member

My favourite Gym/sauna was in Kentish town. No binners it was a council gym not a man on man wrestling place.

I was never a fan of Kentish town as a place though. Just dirty suburbia.

binners

Each to their own innit? Whatever makes you happy. 😀

brakes
    Free Member

I can see that clock tower from my house.

Woody
    Free Member

I was living in London (Lambeth) when Ken was head of the GLC. Presumably many others still living in London have less than fond memories of certain aspects of his ‘rule’.

If I still lived there, I’d rather have a Tory buffoon over a pseudo-intellectual, duplicious muppet any day of the week.

richc
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    Ken or Boris? What a choice? Would you like you’re huge shit sandwith on brown or white bread sir
    which is why I voted for neither.

So how’s that working out for you? No vote = no choice

brakes
    Free Member

I still voted.

Kryton57

This

Lot of it comes down to serious dislike of Ken.

and the fact he never came across as genuine in his whining nasal type way, I couldn’t put money one what it was he was going to improve. when I saw the summary leale that came through he door, I wondered where kens policies were. He tried too hard to discredit an not hard enough to prove himsel to be excellent at the job IMO.

As for Boris, at least we’ve seen some thing actually happen – new buses, freeze in council tax and a few others, and he comes across accidentally geniune even if thats a bumbling kind of way.

Not voting is basically voting the BNP in, which would be pretty stupid of anyone who took that route.

hels
    Free Member

For some reason I always get him mixed up with George Galloway, I think they are probably equally slimy.

Which one was on Big Brother ?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    mcboo
    Free Member

easy McBoo, that’s where I live. It’s quite nice I’ll have you know.

Yes cheap shot, apols. Kentish Town isn’t a bad place at all…..bit better for a night out than Crouchy for sure. And you’ve got the Forum.

simon_g

I find Ken intensely dislikable, especially since deciding to run for Mayor again – his desperation to get back in to the job really shows. He seemingly says what he thinks will get him votes, regardless of any basis in fact, and his claims to understand issues like cycling are just laughable.

The telegraph have done a three part summary of the lies told just during this campaign. Interesting reading.

(fellow Crouch End resident, I rather like it)

kimbers

simong most of that telegraph article is very selective in supplying sources and facts, though i expect nothing less from borris workmates! and andrew gilligan is hardly a trustworthy source himself
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/davehillblog/2008/nov/03/gilligan

mcboo
    Free Member

So who voted Labour then? According to the Guardian Ed Miliband is on his way to Downing Street.

simon_g

I’m not saying that it’s a fair and unbiased analysis of lies told by all candidates in this campaign, just that Ken has told a crapload of them. He seems to like pulling claims out of thin air to suit his purposes, and doesn’t expect to be pulled up on them.

binners

Politician in Not Being Entirely Honest Shocka!!!

loum
    Free Member

HoratioHufnagel – Member

It helped a lot that the Evening Standard & The Metro (the Daily Mail’s FREE London papers) heavily favour Boris too.

That’s the key to the London elections.
    Tight wad Londoners just lap up all the free “news”. 90% of every tube carriage have their heads stuck in this sh1te rather than talk to each other.
    Goes straight to the sub-concious before they’re even awake in the morning. Then everyone hates Red Ken, but none of them are really sure why.

project
    Free Member

when they going to announce who is going to be mayor, thousands uinemployed and they cant evn get enoyugh peeps to count x marks on bits of paper.

atlaz
    Free Member

his vanity project multimillion pound buses

Hmm. I could swear that Ken did exactly the same. Decided that for some reason what we needed was those God awful bendy buses and despite the fact Londoners overwhelmingly preferred at the most an upgraded Routemaster, went ahead with it.

I love old routemaster buses both for their absolute convenience for getting around central London or the hilarity that ensues from their total lack of health and safety compliance. I’ve seen plenty of people leap for the platform, miss and then have to hang on until the bus stops, being dragged down the road to avoid letting go and going under the vehicle behind.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’ve seen plenty of people leap for the platform, miss and then have to hang on until the bus stops, being dragged down the road to avoid letting go and going under the vehicle behind.

survival of the fittest – keep it coming…

binners

You do seem to be obsessed with different types of buses down there. I suppose when the streets are paved with diamond encrusted Damion Hurst skulls, there’s nowt more important to worry about

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Decided that for some reason what we needed was those God awful bendy buses and despite the fact Londoners overwhelmingly preferred at the most an upgraded Routemaster, went ahead with it.

“Only a moron would axe the Routemaster”

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Decided that for some reason what we needed was those God awful bendy buses and despite the fact Londoners overwhelmingly preferred at the most an upgraded Routemaster, went ahead with it.

I think the people who actually used the busses on a regular basis much preferred the bendy ones. They were a lot more comfortable, easier to use and carried more people. The people who disliked them were the usual suspects (motorists, taxi drivers etc).

There were a bit of a pain cycling, but i’m not sure they were actually any more dangerous.

The best thing Ken did was the congestion charge, which surely must have helped cycling too. All cities need it.

project
    Free Member

Ther routemaster , was out of production for so long and was basicly a london product, made by AEC, in a factory now long gone.Only Newcastle bought them when new.

The new Borismaster is made in ireland the northern bit, and has a hybrid diesel and electric drive,along with aconductor, who doesnt check tickets or sell them, but chats to the driver.

project
    Free Member

As for the merc bendi buses we now have them in Liverpool and theyre great, loads of customers and flat floor for wheelchairs and prams

brakes
    Free Member

The people who disliked them were the usual suspects (motorists, taxi drivers etc).

AND cyclists.
    AND people who paid to use them; about 50% of the people who used them just got on and didn’t bother tapping in with their Oyster card. they were a big hit with fare dodgers.

kimbers

for ease of use the bendy buses were great, and really good at moving large amounts of people quickly, really useful on the very busy routes

but also very easy for fare dodgers!

as a cyclist they were worse than a regular bus to overtake

kimbers
    allthepies
    Free Member

BBC reckon Ken Ltd could still natch it 😯

project
    Free Member

thankfully whoever get to be mayor will have ABSOLUTELY no effect or possible intrest for the rest of the UKPLC.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You mean apart from the massive economic input of London to UKPLC?

Anyway, looks like it’s going to second preferences. Could be interesting to see.

kimbers

project – Member
    thankfully whoever get to be mayor will have ABSOLUTELY no effect or possible intrest for the rest of the UKPLC.

IF (and i think its unlikely) borris were booted out hed be sniffing rond the PMs job sooner rather than later, that could make a big difference to the country

kimbers

frak me they are making borris sweat!

9.52pm: My colleague Dave Hill says he’s heard that they have found two more ballot boxes from Brent & Harrow to count.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2012/may/04/boris-ken-london-mayor-election-result

LenHankie
    Free Member

Christ, I really hope it’s not that whining turd Ken. Give me Boris any day.

edhornby

bendy buses carry more fare paying passengers that a routemaster does. they have proper disabled access unlike the routemasters and don’t cost a gazillion pounds. If it was primarily about UK jobs we could just carry on building and buying UK made double deckers

they are a nightmare to overtake though because cars pin you but other than that I don’t see what the problem is

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Ken Livingstone – you cretin’ is closed to new replies.