Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Kelvin MacKenzie
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

(Couldn’t find a thread already)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39603942

I can believe the claim that he/they didn’t know Barkley’s grampa was born in Nigeria, but even so, I hope this is the end for the odious turd. He’s more of a **** than Morgan.

Stoner
    Free Member

If he or Morgan didn’t exist we’d only have to invent them.

km79
    Free Member

Looking at the picture of him in the BBC article he has some nerve criticising anyone’s appearance.

blader1611
    Free Member

He is the mould that all bellends are made from.

jonnyboi

Hopefully Everton will follow Liverpool’s lead and ban that odious rag.

YNWA

superstu
    Free Member

Horrible horrible man. Suspended rather than sacked. Hope one leads to the other..

Someone approved it for publishing as well and should also go in my opinion. Saying that wish they’d just do away with the rag in its entirety

tails
    Free Member

If only everyone would stop reading the landfill they produce. Lad got hit for no reason which results in an article critising his ability, ethnicity and appearance.

kimbers

vile publicity seeking columnist (for a vile bilge peddling rag) gets lots of publicity

Merak

I thought this was about that melt that presents Grand Designs.

Junkyard
    Free Member

even for the gutter press he is the lowest of the low

ctk
    Free Member

& people still buy it ffs

blitz

I genuinely can’t think of a bigger ****

sc-xc

Depressingly, my lad does a paper round. 80% of the **** he delivers to have the **** mail or bastard sun.

I’ve told him to put dogshit through their **** bastard Tory **** doors. The absolute ****.

moonsaballoon

Vile man , can’t believe that no one at the sun put their hand up and said “really ? ”

Klunk
    Free Member

Alongside the article, The Sun published adjoining pictures of Barkley and a gorilla on their website with the caption “Could Everton’s Ross Barkley represent the missing link between man and beast?” The picture was later removed.

Geez its still up on their website ! racist ****

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair to The Sun, how were they to know for the last thirty odd years that Kelvin McKenzie was a massive **** till he wrote this article.

slowoldman

Disgusting journalist writes for disgusting paper. No surprise there.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Crappy journalism from a piece of scum…

…But racist? Really?

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve told him to put dogshit through their **** bastard Tory **** doors. The absolute ****.

Good to see a well balanced opinion expressed in such an articulate manner.

gordimhor

Oxygen thief

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

But racist? Really

Barkley is mixed race, his mother’s side hails from Nigeria.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Nothing about the editor who allowed the fat man’s brain vomit to be printed in the first place. ..

captmorgan
    Free Member

As a so called sports journalist you would expect Mackenzie to be aware that there was talk of Barkley playing for Nigeria over England so yes it’s a racist statement.

Pigface
    Free Member

Woppit makes a very good point, Mackenzie doesn’t just send it straight to print, it would be looked at by a number of people. The Sun is institutionally racist and vile, the fact that so many people buy it and read it rather than wiping their arse on it gives gives an idea to how a lot of people in this country think.

globalti
    Free Member

Spot on Pf. Gutter rags like The Mail and The Sun are nothing more than products designed for the miserable Brexit-voting ignorant, racist idiots who are the majority in the UK.

maccruiskeen

Woppit makes a very good point, Mackenzie doesn’t just send it straight to print, it would be looked at by a number of people.

Not just looked at but contributed to – I don’t imagine Mackenzie sourced the pictures of gorillas for instance. Its not a case of failing to notice what Mackenzie was doing.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I bet this has generated a lot of clicks on that article. For example, how many people on this thread would have read it if it hadn’t been beyond the pal
    e…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well I read the BBC report on it (Sun is behind a pay wall anyway so no more clicks/money towards it) good to see this sort of crap being found and presented (especially as you don’t actually have to pay them anything to see)

thegreatape
    Free Member

I bet this has generated a lot of clicks on that article. For example, how many people on this thread would have read it if it hadn’t been beyond the pal
    e…

The link is to the BBC’s article on it, so does nothing for the Sun’s readership/advertising figures and so on.

surfer
    Free Member
    outofbreath
    Free Member

Well imagine how many thousands of clicks the BBC have generated for the sun.

The very worst output of our press is largely funded and encouraged by people who share it and talk about it – and those people largely don’t approve of it.

Mackenzie can be added to the list of writers who I would never even have heard of if people who think he’s **** didn’t keep generating clicks and publicity for him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

outofbreath – Member
    Well imagine how many thousands of clicks the BBC have generated for the sun.

Why? It’s paywalled so you can’t actually read it, would you rather people like that were not challenged?
    you may not have heard of him but he has a long history here

MacKenzie is quoted as saying in the early 1980s (on the subject of how he perceived The Sun’s target audience):

You just don’t understand the readers, do you, eh? He’s the bloke you see in the pub, a right old fascist, wants to send the wogs back, buy his poxy council house, he’s afraid of the unions, afraid of the Russians, hates the queers and the weirdos and drug dealers. He doesn’t want to hear about that stuff (serious news).[6]

although MacKenzie had actually changed the front-page of later editions to “Did 1,200 Argies drown?” after it was established that there had been a large number of Argentine casualties. MacKenzie later defended his “Gotcha” headline, saying:

Gotcha’ was mine, which I’m very proud about. The fact that the enemy were killed to my mind was a bloody good thing and I’ve never had a moment’s loss of sleep over it.[7]

Despite MacKenzie’s self-professed pride at having printed the “Gotcha” headline, Roy Greenslade has said that he had only chosen the headline prior to it becoming clear that there had been a large number of Argentine casualties resulting from the sinking of the Belgrano and that even he later became concerned that the headline may be seen as insensitive and distasteful.

MacKenzie was responsible for the “Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster” front-page headline. The claims made in the accompanying article, that the comedian Freddie Starr had placed his girlfriend’s hamster on a sandwich and proceeded to eat it, turned out to be entirely untrue

Invented stories
    In January 1987, MacKenzie published a totally unfounded front-page story alleging that pop singer Elton John had had sex with underage rentboys. Shortly afterwards, MacKenzie published further entirely false allegations that the singer had had the voiceboxes of his guard dogs removed because their barking kept him awake at night. MacKenzie confirmed their inaccuracy shortly after publication by sending a reporter to the singer’s house, who quickly discovered that all of his guard dogs were quite capable of barking.

MacKenzie later admitted that in retrospect he found it difficult to understand why he had believed, never mind published, the claims about the guard dogs which he later realised were self-evidently absurd. Elton John sued The Sun for libel over both these claims and was later awarded £1,000,000 in damages.[16] MacKenzie later said of Elton John

I think The Sun should have its million quid back. It hasn’t damaged him at all, has it? Libel can only have a value if there has been some kind of damage, right? Where is the damage? Where? There’s nothing wrong with him. So no, I don’t feel bad about him, not at all.[citation needed]
    Plenty more here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_MacKenzie

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Why? It’s paywalled so you can’t actually read it, would you rather people like that were not challenged?”

In this specific case yes, I’d rather it was totally ignored. Then it would generate no revenue, and it would stop.

Saying, “I disapprove of what you say, but here is some cash/publicity to encourage more of it” is mental.

In this case the motive is publicity/revenue. Take the motive away, you take the stories away.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Saying, “I disapprove of what you say, but here is some cash/publicity to encourage more of it” is mental.

Is that actually happening? Seems like the opposite where people are moving to keep away from such things.

The problem with ignoring it is that he actually has a platform and he has a readership. If it was an idiot on you tube then you could just remove the content. This was published in a leading paper.

It’s entirely right to point out that Kelvin Mackenzie is a disgusting racist stain on humanity.

Edit this is the sort of thing that can really be achieved
    http://fortune.com/2017/04/04/bill-oreilly-fox-news-advertisers/
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/advertisers-continue-drop-fox-news-oreilly-factor/story?id=46605563

binners

I’d like to parachute him into Liverpool city centre, at last orders, on a busy Saturday night, to explain to the local population his editorial stance on this, and more importantly Hillsborough

P-Jay
    Free Member

He’s a toad of a man, he’s been doing the Katie Hopkins thing for decades.

I’m surprised this cost him a suspension though, it wouldn’t make his top ten of bullshit, bile filled nonsense pieces he’s curled out to his followers. I guess some of them are Football Fans.

ricardo666
    Free Member

I too binners would make an effort to turn up on at midnight saturday to kick $hit out of the %^&* on church street. I am an Evertonian some of my friends and family are Liverpool Supporters. We take the mick out of each other yes. But what is print ed in that rag has never touched my hands.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Not being a professionally offended handwringer, a northerner or a footballist, i am failing to see what the issue is after reading the article.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not being a professionally offended handwringer, a northerner or a footballist, i am failing to see what the issue is after reading the article.

You’re probably a bit thicker than you normally come across here then.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Kelvin MacKenzie’ is closed to new replies.