Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kelowna, what's it like?
  • aye-aye
    Free Member

Further to my post about dry places, has anyone spent much time in Kelowna BC?
    I've had some good info from Johnny Smoke who guides in the area.
    Any more opinions as to what it would be like as a place to live for 3-4 months next summer?

freeridenick
    Free Member

hot hot hot

rs
    Free Member

very nice

nedrapier

Desert, cacti, hummingbirds, beach lake resorts, wineries, loads of other fruit growing.

Penticton's a bit nicer than Kelowna, although not as big. Kelowna's a bit concrete and sprawly. Some good climbing too, if that's your bag. And you might even find Penticton is a bit plastic touristy in places, too.

Okanagan valley is the warm bit to base your search around.

And microbreweries.

And some half decent mountain biking, apparently.

nedrapier

I find Google Earth with Panoramio switched on is a great way to get a feel for a place.

john_drummer
    Free Member

we went through Kamloops last summer en route from Calgary to Vancouver.

2nd August, 7pm, 39degC. It's not that far from Kelowna, on a Canadian scale

beamers

Spent a couple of days there a couple of years ago en route from Vancouver to Medicine Hat.

Nice place, big lake, good riding.

Big White ski resort is only 60km up the road. Didn't go there but I hear it is pretty good.

And the wine is amazing, truly amazing.

nedrapier

Erm, I was thinking of Kamloops when I said Kelwona was sprawly and concretey!

(It was 8 years ago!)

jedi

kelowna rules!

great hospital too 🙂 🙂
    great trails,great post ride swimming,beers,weed…….

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

We did a house-swap in Vernon, just up the valley, a couple of summers ago. Hot is the word. Loads of biking with a great local scene. We bought season passes for Silver Star, which has great lift-served riding.

The Okanagan in general is full of powerboats, jetskis and pumped-up jeeps. Kelowna is the commercial centre with a number of large Malls.

The whole area is great. Go there. Enjoy!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kelowna, what's it like?’ is closed to new replies.