Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Kellogg’s Start
  • jackthedog
    Free Member

What happened to this athletics-themed cereal? It was beautiful and I haven’t seen it for years.

mrsflash
    Free Member

You can still buy it.

grievoustim
    Free Member

mmmmmmm athletic

it used to cut my mouth to ribbons though

munkeymadness
    Free Member

i eat it most mornings. Often found in tesco stores

nuke

Yep, had some for breakfast this morning. Yummy stuff.

Chase
    Free Member

Asda and Tesco – yes.
    Morrisons – no.
    Can’t speak for any other supermarkets.

Had some this morning (Asda bought)

jackthedog
    Free Member

GOOD GOD!!! You can still buy it?! Not in my local Tescos you can’t! Must check ASDA ASAP.

mmmmmmm athletic

I know, that’s what it tastes like – fitness personified. I love it.

Learning it’s still available is the best news I’ve heard all week.

grievoustim
    Free Member

if you last ate it as a kid you might find it a little sweeter than you remember

bit much for me these days

jackthedog
    Free Member

It was about 5 years ago when I last had it, tasted just as good as I remembered 🙂

Oggles
    Free Member

They sell it in Sainos, might have to pick some up next time I am there!

ourmaninthenorth

Breakfast cereal? As an adult?

What is it with people who want to eat kids’ food first thing in the morning?

Porridge and muesli are the breakfast foodstuffs of athletes. And without piles of added sugar and salt.

cbike
    Free Member

I want weetaflakes! Asda has something called weetaflakes but its not the same…
    Maybe you could only get them in Fine Fare?

mmm taste the nostalgia! and other additives.

mrsflash
    Free Member

breakfast cereal is ace! Mmmmm rice krispies!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

IIRC its just as good/bad as cornflakes and half a vitamin pill.

I’m on 350ml milk, filled with frozen/fresh fruit and 40g of whey protein, and blended MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, keeps you full till about 3, virtualy no fat, good ballance of carbs (some to perk you up, some to keep you going) lots of fibre, and protein to keep you feeling full till well into the afternoon!

jackthedog
    Free Member

Breakfast cereal? As an adult?

What is it with people who want to eat kids’ food first thing in the morning?

I didn’t say anything about breakfast. Kelloggs Start is good any time of the day.

And cereal isn’t just for kids. Four time olympic gold medallist Chris Hoy loves Bran Flakes so much that he’s willing to go on telly and tell everyone about it.

http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/whatson/branflakes/

“Chris likes to start his day with a delicious bowl of Kellogg’s Bran Flakes. It’s the original high fibre cereal, helping to build Chris’ foundations for strong health.”

See.

jackthedog
    Free Member

In fact if Hoy can be so good because of boring Bran Flakes, I’m 100% sure that as soon as I can get hold of some Kelloggs Start which is loads better, I will be able to immediately slash at least 5 minutes from my morning commute time.

Drac
    jackthedog
    Free Member

Excellent.

zaskar
    Free Member

I used to buy it in Australia but I can’t find it in the U.K. so eat special K or rolled oats porridge.

votchy
    Free Member

Whats wrong with sugar puffs and strawberry flavoured milk? Guarenteed to kick start anyone in the morning, a bowl of that and you should be able to knock 1/2 hour off your commute 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Kellogg’s Start’ is closed to new replies.