Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Keeping flies out the house
  • goldfish24

We suffer with houseflies coming in every summer. I had hoped this rain would bring respite but it’s drawn them in for shelter if anything. The mrs bought me a jolly nice leather fly swatter last year, which whilst quite fun becomes something of a chore.
    We’ve not an infestation or anything to deal with, they’re just naturally prevelant round here (south east, surrounded by farmland). So unless anyone’s got any better ideas, I’m thinking of fly screens on the downstairs windows. And perhaps that traditional string bead thing for the back door which we like to have open when it’s hot.
    Are there any fly screens that don’t look carp?
    Other suggestions welcome.

goldfish24

Goldblum.

MoreCashThanDash

Put the bodies under the patio like a normal person?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hammer sausages into your lawn, keeps the flies outside.

goldfish24

Ah yes, Friday night innit. Cheers guys 🙂

bruneep

The mrs bought me a jolly nice leather fly swatter last year, which whilst quite fun

are you a Tory MP?

Pook

I find a citronella candle beats them back up into the veluxes, but I do resort to a badminton racket quite regularly.  It splits them down the middle if you do it right

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

A spider, bird, cat and a dog. 😉

matt_outandabout

A lot of herbs keep flies away through thier smell – basil, mint, lavender, rosemary etc.

I even planted Bog Myrtle around our old garden to keep midges down (it did work, for a radius of about 2m…)

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Allow spiders to set up shop.

Lesser of two evils (assuming you don’t like spiders either).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Keeping flies out the house’ is closed to new replies.