Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Keeping eggs in the freezer….
  • MoreCashThanDash

Just unpacked the online supermarket delivery and found the eggs packed in with the frozen stuff.

Any idea if this will stop them being usable? They were destined to end up in cakes at a cake sale in the village hall at the weekend, don’t want to poison the great and the good of the parish 🥺

qwerty
    Free Member

People pay to have this done, but they tend to end up in test tubes, not cake once thawed 🤔

bearnecessities

Please, don’t make yolks; it’s serious en oeuf as it is.

MoreCashThanDash

Bravo!

Smudger666

They’ll be reet. We get too any eggs from the chooks in the summer so scramble a cakes worth and then add a pinch of sugar and freeze. Do the same with an omelettes worth but add a pinch of salt instead.

ads678

If they’re ruined you’ll just have to shell out for some more.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

They’ll hatch penguins now. Which you can dip in a cup of tea to defrost.

MoreCashThanDash

Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated, as always. 😄

Taking the view that culling the old folks who go to village hall cake sales may improve the village

CountZero

I always used to keep eggs in the fridge, as did my mum, but my g/f never does, she just keeps them in the box on the kitchen worktop. As she grew up living in pubs* and hotels where her mum looked after all the catering and restaurant stuff, and she spent lots of time in kitchens, I defer to her superior knowledge when it comes to keeping food edible.
    *She was actually born in a pub on the King’s Road, Chelsea, which her folks ran at the time. Building’s still there, but sadly no longer a pub. ☹️

MrSparkle

A couple next door to us used to do it – Sam and Ella.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Keeping eggs in the freezer….’ is closed to new replies.