Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • keep me covered (head to foot) i'm going in…..
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

recent heavy downpour saw the drain in our cellar back-up.
    It should just be a surface water drain. Evidence in the muck left behind suggests otherwise…
    Yorks water have been to investigate. Now need to wait 7 days for the follow up.
    Meantime, gotta get through the muck to get to the hosepipe to rinse it out.
    Fortunately, it was not a huge flood = no damage to anything of consequence.

If i’m not back on 30 mins ….. 😉

dashed
    Free Member

Used to work in a shop in newcastle and we had a drain in the cellar blocked. Jetrod or similar turned up and opened the manhole cover to be presented by a mound of what looked like mud/clay. His assumption was that a sewer had collapsed somewhere and a load of earth had made its way down the hill to us. He proceeded to poke high pressure jetter thingy into the mud to try to clear it and had what can only be described as a nasty blowback… A considerable depth of “mud” (about 2 foot deep) had been removed and redistributed around the cellar (and associated stock), it then became clear it wasn’t mud at all but very, very old poo. The deeper into the drain you went, the fresher the “mud” became. 😯

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘keep me covered (head to foot) i'm going in…..’ is closed to new replies.