Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Keenly priced steel hardtail frame?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just stripped my 2015 Trance and sold the frame / bb / headset for $450 AUD. I used to own a 26″ wheeled 631 Pipedream Sirius and regret selling it. I had more fun on a hardtail.

So I’m looking for something I can just transplant my old parts onto.

No aversion to second hand as long as it’s dent free. A few battle scars aren’t a problem. So what should I be looking at?

Parts I have…

Ks kev integra
    Spank oozy wheels and bars
    XT brakes and crank.
    140mm Fox 34 Factory.

Doesn’t look like Pipedream do a 650b frame now… Not that Stuart replies to emails quickly anyway. Plus I’m in Oz so even if they did have a well price frame I’m probs looking at adding 100 bucks on for delivery. That being said, if the right 2nd hand frame appeared and the price was good, I could be swayed.

Thoughts?

honourablegeorge

Cotic had the BFe on sale recently, bargain at £350 if there’s any left in your size

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah but 350 gbp is over 600 dollars…. Plus postage. I’d like to keep close to the 450 as I’ll need a new bb and headset too. Potentially a new dropper if what I have doesn’t fit the new frame too.

I’m 6’1″ so a large is usually good size wise.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Or sell everything and start fresh with whatever Brant ends up calling his new 29er? The alu one is set to be considerably cheaper than the steel one though.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah that’s an option. I would prefer steel as a hardtail tbh. I’ve got an ally GT Pantera still needing to be belt up. But given how much the wheels and forks cost me new, I’m not likely to get similar spec or quality if I buy a whole new bike off peg.

Anyone know Brant’s shipping cost to t’other side of the world?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Chuckles.. Typical stw

Gone from a steel hardtail to a full new build 29er in 4 posts.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah on one want 200 for the frame and 160 to deliver it to Oz… Um… Pass.

Piedream have a frame in their sake section. Crmo, 18″, neon green. Old /discon stock. 99 quid. Just waiting back to see delivery cost. It’s more what I was thinking tbh!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah to get that on one deedar to Oz total cost…

Grand Total £321.65
    Think I’m gonna scour the local sales for pre Loved steel!

kelvin

Just out of interest, how much do you expect it to cost to send a frame from UK to Australia?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Well seeing as some companies ship bikes for free, I’d expect a frame delivery cost to be less than the cost of the frame by a fair bit. But I get your dig though.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

And considering I said I had 450 AUD, suggestions of frames which cost 650+ delivered is a tad off the mark bro.

kelvin

Well, if 450AUD is your max budget, then you’re looking at about £100 for a frame if you want to buy new from the UK, yes? Local pre-loved frame does seem more realistic.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I did say I wasn’t averse to pre loved frames, and it doesn’t Have to be sent from UK, was looking for ideas and options really.

scotroutes

Do CRC have a good shipping option? Ragley frame maybe?

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Dunno about Oz but Cotic claim to ship free to most places (outside the EU and UK) these days.

Onza have their frames on for the high 100’s once you’ve knocked of the VAT.
    Unless you can find someone in the UK to send it to you – if you are patient and shop around you can often get better shipping than the shops/manufacturer quotes.

dogbone

CRC Mmmbop A$497.00 posted

halifaxpete

That On One frame is **** cheap, been looking for a 2nd hand P7 frame but thats made me think twice

tallsam
    Free Member

Have you looked at any of the big German retailers?

Haven’t checked their frame stock, to anything that matches your needs, but bike discount reckon 24 euros to ship to Aus. CNC about 65 euros.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Some good food for thought. Ali express for bike frames. Hmm… Interesting. Deffo gotta be steel though. That 631 Sirius I had was bloomin lovely and instantly regretted selling it when it went. I’d love a Cotic but poss outside my budget but I’m in no rush. Second hand market isn’t great here.

nedrapier

Sonder Signal is coming in steel if you want a rowdy big wheeler and you’re not in a hurry?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Keenly priced steel hardtail frame?’ is closed to new replies.