Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Katy Curd coaching — anyone been?
  • Kip

Just wondering if anyone has been on one of her coaching days and if so what they thought.

She’s local to me and reasonably priced so thinking of booking a session but wanted some feedback first.

Cheers.

karen805
    Free Member

Yep, I did a women’s only coaching day with her a few months back, she’s local to me too. I enjoyed the day and got a few tips/pointers/techniques out of it which was good. I didn’t like the group coaching though (having had 2 to 1 coaching with Jedi before) but that’s just personal preference.

In all honesty, I didn’t get the same ‘buzz’ as I did after a session with Tony. However I think she’s still pretty new to coaching and there’s no doubt she’s a bloody good rider who has plenty of knowledge to pass on.

Kip

Cheers.

I know she can do 1 to 1 or small group coaching too so was thinking of that. I know Tony is generally regarded as the best but it’s time and money for travel/staying away that rules him out…boo.

There’s also the Rafferty brothers – pro ride guide, but again too far away.

karen805
    Free Member

I’d definitely go 1 to 1, or with a small group of people you know.

It’s unfortunate that Tony’s so far away, it does add up when you include fuel from Bristol and a night in a hotel (didn’t fancy hitting the m25 in rush hour!). I still think it was worth every penny though and would love to have another skills day with him at some point.

Where as Katy coaches at Fod or Gawton which are much easier for me to access.

jairaj

Have a chat to Clive Forth. I think he does stuff from FOD.

I had 1 to 2 lesson with him earlier this year and was very happy with it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I did 1-to-1 with Clive, very good! I think he’s normally Scots based but has a lot of Bristol connections which is why he’s able to do FOD.

If it’s south west you want, try Sam Fowler at Pedal Progression: http://www.pedalprogression.com/

andyrm
    Free Member

+1 for Sam and Matt at Pedal Progression. Top lads and bloody good coaches 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Katy Curd coaching — anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.