Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Katie Hopkins is the recipient of the Campaign to Unify the Nations Trophy
  • justinbieber

On the day she gets banned from Twitter, someone drops this gem:

If you even thought she was vaguely likeable before, just have a listen to her acceptance speech.

honeybadgerx

That’s an excellent piece of work by those lads. Sadly I doubt it will stop people employing her.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I enjoyed that, apart from having to look at her hate ridden arseface

Poopscoop

Very good!

As for what she says during the speech. Jaw dropping.

Can’t believe she is only 44, I’m guessing being that riddled with nastiness ages you.

twistedpencil

Preferred the first title of the thread, made me laugh out loud 🙂

justinbieber

@twistedpencil – me too, but the thread got taken down for trying to circumvent the swear filter 🙁

squirrelking
    Free Member

That acceptance speech. Wow. What an apt award.

Superficial
    Free Member

Is she always that awful? I mean I hear she’s a nasty person but I’ve not seen her talk before. Did she let her hair down for that audience? It must be exhausting being that full of bile.

epicyclo

I initially thought this was hilarious.

On reflection it’s being just as nasty as Hopkins, so now I feel bad about its funniness. Surely she has a mental problem.

funkmasterp

Jesus! 44? She must’ve had the hardest paper round. I honestly thought she was late fifties. No wonder she’s so angry. I would be too if I had a face like a leather wallet that’s been lost at sea for fifty years.

mehr
    Free Member

Hopefully she stays banned as that will mean the end of her

Tommy Robinson et al are finding out that being deplatformed is a career ender

kerley
    Free Member

Surely she has a mental problem.

Everyone has a mental problem of some sort. I would imagine a part of her brain is very underdeveloped that allows any compassion, empathy etc,. I think it is called tory syndrome.

She may not be choosing to be what she is just like I didn’t choose to have the issues I have.

sparksmcguff

She really is a nasty piece of work. Whatever the reason for her lack of empathy she actively chooses to present and promote ideas that are intended to provoke. She could choose to keep her horrid thoughts to herself.

cookeaa

I initially thought this was hilarious.
    On reflection it’s being just as nasty as Hopkins, so now I feel bad about its funniness. Surely she has a mental problem.

Hmmm, She can dish it out and notes that “it’s normally incoming fire balls” so one assumes she can take it by now…

Yes it was seeking to make her look ridiculous, and succeeded (with her assistance).
    But also made the point that freedom of speech is a double-edged sword, if you want it then Katie Hopkins has the right to peddle the notion that she is “oppressed” for her demography and outright bigotry, she has the basic freedom to be heard… Of course if someone wants to (rather elaborately) make the counter point, that she is actually just an unpleasant, hate fuelled, narcissist they have an equal right to do so…

Both sides of the debate have made their point, so who do you find more compelling?

As for her “mental health problems” she’s an ego-maniacal, narcissist.
    She seems to crave attention for negative behaviour, in a world that rewards just such behaviour with attention, perhaps she has a problem, but maybe society has a wider issue, as we seem to be giving her just what she wants rather than what she needs…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

a bit too much nastiness and spite form both sides really. Not my  bag.

tjagain

She is foul, this is a great piece of retaliation for her deliberate horribleness and I have no sympathy for her at all

greenskin
    Free Member

I nominate her to be the recipient of the Coronavirus…

tomhoward

I’m not sure I put pointing and laughing at someone, calling them a **** is in the same league of nastiness as publically calling for both a ‘final solution’ and the massacre of refugees, amongst other things.

That and being on the apprentice.

franksinatra

Videos like that restore my faith in humans, putting in that much effort just to line her up in front of the C Bomb is excellent work.

Epileptics are all weirdos, they are up there with the Asians.

Simply staggering.

I don’t believe she has any sort of mental health problem. I think it is/was her way of earning a living. She does it to earn money from controversy. Simple. No different to Alex Jones in the US. He doesn’t actually believe Sandy Hook was faked. He just says it to earn money from media. The more extreme they get, the more extreme they need to be to keep the viewing numbers and advertising income.

DezB
    Free Member

putting in that much effort just to line her up in front of the C Bomb is excellent work.

Nah, ignoring her would be the best punishment.
    Look at the smile on the C.*.N.T. winner’s face.
    “No publicity is bad publicity”.

thenorthwind

I’m glad they did this, if only to show, as if it needed showing, how completely rotten to the core she is as a human being.

Maybe the world doesn’t need any more hate, but hate is the only rational reaction to her. Defending her lucrative* career as Britain’s premier narcissistic xenophobic windbag as a “mental health problem” is insulting to those who actually struggle with mental health problems.

*Apart from when that guy successfully sued her, what a shame

franksinatra

“No publicity is bad publicity”.

I think Prince Andrew may disagree
    null

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I don’t believe she has any sort of mental health problem. I think it is/was her way of earning a living. She does it to earn money from controversy. Simple. No different to Alex Jones in the US. He doesn’t actually believe Sandy Hook was faked. He just says it to earn money from media. The more extreme they get, the more extreme they need to be to keep the viewing numbers and advertising income.

^This. Not justifying anything she’s ever done, written or said, but I’ve always considered her as a fading reality TV star who realised that the only way to stay in the limelight, prolong her “career” and maximise earnings was to be the human equivalent of the Daily Mail. And it’s kinda worked (legal battle with Jack Monroe aside) – I doubt many other ex-Apprentice contestants have as high a profile as her / earnings potential.

footflaps

She has children! God knows what they will end up like, I imagine something like the ones who thought killing Damilola Taylor was a good idea.

darthpunk
    Free Member

Look at her career (if you must) as soon as she stopped being asked on This Morning and people started answering her back she went full on racist, right wing, xenophobic scumbag trying to stay relevant in an ever changing world that she no longer understands. Best way to do that? controversy. No such thing as bad press as long as people are still looking at you. Thing is, she’s too dumb to see when that spills into hypocrisy or being guilty of the very thing you condemn. It still makes me laugh when I see her calling all people uneducated for calling their kids after a location until Holly Willoughby points out her kid is called India.

Mental Health problems? Don’t make me laugh. The only mental health problem she has is grade A narcissism and a general desire to be punched in the face regularly.

Twonks like this ruined social media for what it could have been, a revolutionary tool to help the put upon and oppressed find a voice, receive news that their government suppressed and fight against regimes that should have died years ago, but instead is used a weapon for numb-nuts like her and Alex Jones to spread their conspiracy filth in the name of truth and rally more nutters to the cause that should have ended with Hitler

*edit Took quote out because it looked like I was attacking. I wasn’t, just went off on a rant that ended up having little to do with the quote

muzzle
    Free Member

Oh yeah she’ll be fuming at the all-expenses-paid trip to Prague, free meal and all that lovely publicity enhancing her image as the voice of reason in a world of PC-gone-mad. The whole stunt plays right into her hands, she’ll have loved it… what a waste of time.

alcolepone
    Free Member

The whole stunt plays right into her hands, she’ll have loved it… what a waste of time.

Agreed just looking at the most read on guardian site, and 4 of the 10 were articles related to her….

i realise i’m keeping this thread going by replying, but just ignore her.

cookeaa

The whole stunt plays right into her hands, she’ll have loved it… what a waste of time.
    Agreed just looking at the most read on guardian site, and 4 of the 10 were articles related to her….
    i realise i’m keeping this thread going by replying, but just ignore her.

I’m not sure I buy the whole “Oxygen of publicity” argument, While she was seen as the novelty nutter from reality telly, she was still viewed as “employable” by mainstream meeja (telly and papers) up to a point, the more Toxic she makes her ‘Brand’ the less employable she becomes. The thing is the outlets for her views will keep employing her while the traffic outweighs the negative associations for them…

Those Guardian articles that discuss her won’t be giving her any more money will they, and (I’m guessing here) the general gist will be to reinforce the idea, to an already receptive audience that she is a negative personality who should be campaigned against at every given opportunity. Not all publicity is ‘good’ for her, some of it (such as her lovely award speech) erodes her ability to get on commercial media and keep “influencing” large numbers of people…

The problem is if you just ignore such people and don’t keep challenging them, those that their message is targeted at don’t get so much of the counter arguments or have the opportunity to see the fallacies in their arguments exposed, you’re helping the echo box with a lack of opposition…

Dare I say (today of all days) play the “ignore them and they’ll go away” game is at least partly how you get Brexit…

DezB
    Free Member

she was still viewed as “employable” by mainstream meeja (telly and papers) up to a point, the more Toxic she makes her ‘Brand’ the less employable she becomes

I did think the same about Piers Morgan… and then…

martinhutch

Lot of effort and air miles by some bored rich kids for a mildly amusing photo.

jamj1974

It’s brilliant!

nickc

She’s a right wing Grifter, simple as really, she’s realised she can make money from espousing “shock”opinions, it doesn’t even matter if she believes any of it, Same as Tommy Robinson really, how else is he going to pay for his raging coke habit?

Cougar

Both sides of the debate have made their point, so who do you find more compelling?

Thing is, “freedom of speech” does not equate to “you can say what you like.” We have laws against various forms of hate speech.

franksinatra

Lot of effort and air miles by some bored rich kids for a mildly amusing photo.

I disagree, the real power in that video is not the photo (which I think is very funny), it is hearing her acceptance speech. That is ‘career’ ending. The speech is so toxic, so abhorrent and so grim she genuinely has scunnered any chances of getting paid media work again.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter if her career ends or not, the media will find another right wing idiot to take her place.

jimmy

For all the difference it makes in the end, it simply demonstrates how utterly stupid she is if she can’t realise, over all the time she had to, what Campaign to Unify the Nations Trophy stands for and also what a conceited narcissist she is to accept it as a reward. And now, without twitter, what does she have? What she deserves.

thenorthwind

I disagree, the real power in that video is not the photo (which I think is very funny), it is hearing her acceptance speech. That is ‘career’ ending. The speech is so toxic, so abhorrent and so grim she genuinely has scunnered any chances of getting paid media work again.

This is the point I was trying to make. I’m not so sure your last sentence is true, but we can hope.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

For all the difference it makes in the end, it simply demonstrates how utterly stupid she is if she can’t realise, over all the time she had to, what Campaign to Unify the Nations Trophy stands for and also what a conceited narcissist she is to accept it as a reward. And now, without twitter, what does she have? What she deserves.

Yup – the bitch got owned with bombers – she can’t get away with the I’m not racist but…. line of journalism now.

coconut
    Free Member

I wonder how much the whole stunt cost? Must be up over £12,000 with flights, actors, catering, hotels etc…

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Totally worth it. If they set up a GoFundMe to get some reimbursement – I will be donating.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Katie Hopkins is the recipient of the Campaign to Unify the Nations Trophy’ is closed to new replies.