Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • 'Kate Moss has been the most glamorous icon since …'
  • cinnamon_girl

… Marilyn Monroe. According to that luscious lounge lizard Bryan Ferry.

‘Kate has long been the femme fatale of our age, as controversial as she is beautiful …’ he also said.

Discuss.

glamorous = attractive and appealing, according to Oxford English dictionary

geoffj

Errrrr…

druidh
    Free Member

Kate Moss?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I like this type. Easier to manoeuvre.

cinnamon_girl

Guys – we really do not need pics! Just thought this might provoke an intelligent discussion rather than some …. …. (insert your own words here).

So … who would you nominate?

yossarian
    Free Member

Discuss what?

Moss is an icon.

Perhaps she’s also an ugly person.

So what?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Is there no justice in this world? You had your muscles and nakedness on Friday so can we have ours? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    roper
    Free Member

If he means as glamorous as Marilyn post sleeping tablet accident, he may have a point. 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Who would I nominate? Jodie Kidd. Elegant, funny, down to earth, fast driver.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Kate Moss = Queen of the Chavs

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bryan Ferry’s a muppet. And he obviously hasn’t met you cinnamon girl 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Kate Moss is clearly a fashion icon, but, and despite an apparent disappearance from the catwalk, I’m going to vote Cindy Crawford.

That poster of her in the stars and stripes bikini is an image burned on to the back of my eyeballs during my teenage years and at 44 she is still stunningly glamorous.

*closes eyes and remembers*

brakes
    Free Member

Pete Burns

john_drummer
    Free Member

funny enough I saw this image earlier today & your Pete Burns comment reminded me of it. Don’t know why…

tazzymtb

hattie jacques, proper lady curves and she liked a good booze up

no point having a flat chested stick thin waif with no curves unless you like turning them over and pretending that they’re a chap 😉

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Kate Moss is ugly, thick and self-destructive. She may appeal to the people in the fashion industry who seem to hate breasts. But she looks like she would snap too easily 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Shame she’s a ****t though! I have it on good authority she’s a nightmare to work with!!! But then i suppose the diva level she’s reached allows this!?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I vote for c_g (and for c_g jnr too!!) 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

A really good friend of mine works in the fashion industry and has met KM many a time. She’s meant to be a good laugh, great company, just a regular girl from Sarf Laandan.

bassspine
    Free Member

her and Naomi Campbell ugly thick and self-destructive: designated as beautiful by the gay men who run the fashion industry. And are by definition not capable of deciding what a good looking woman looks like.

By the way, I suspect Gok Wan is straight, pretending to be gay, so he can grope womens tits without getting slapped 😉

JCL
    Free Member

I’d bang her into another dimension.

sc-xc

I think she is beautiful.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hmmm, different to the opinion i got from someone similar hairy c.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Kate Moss? Kate Moss????

Are you ‘avin’ a bubble??

just a regular girl from Sarf Laandan

See, there’s yer problem. That, and she’s a skinny coke-head what hangs around with knob-ends. She’s hardly any more glamorous than the crack-addict prostitute lives the end of my block.

As for Bryan Ferry being a commentator on style; do me a favour. Boring MOTR bloke in a leather jacket appeals to the middle-aged. I’ve never known anyone say they were into Bryan Ferry when they were young and trendy. Prince, fair enough. But Bryan Ferry??

I’d rather listen to the Woolwich Ferry. 😐

I’ve taken birds on the Woolwich Ferry.

I’m single.

atlaz
    Free Member

CG – who would you count as a glamour icon from recent years who had the sustained success of Kate Moss? She’s not my cup of tea particularly but as a model, I don’t think there’s anyone who has been so ubiquitous in my lifetime.

tazzymtb

glamour icon to me would be Dita von tease

slimtubing
    Free Member

I imagine that if I was to suddenly bump into Kate Moss, Kate Winslet or Kathy Burke the alleged icon would leave the least impression.
    I only like skinny bikes if I can pedal them.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I was always a fan of Beatrice Dalle but I guess she doesn’t count.

trailertrash

Going back to the OP. I think it’s a pretty open field for ‘most glamorous icon’ and also for ‘femme fatale of our age’. It’s such a question of taste and preferences and what media you are exposed to and indeed where and what culture you live in, there’s no agreed list to go by.

For myself I certainly would not have picked Kate Moss as a femme fatale. She is glamorous and an icon, but then so is Posh in her own different way, for example, ditto maybe Jemima Khan or Cheryl Crowe or …or… – if that floats your boat.

What I will say is that Kate Moss (and Posh for what it’s worth) are very skilled at manipulating the media. It’s not long ago that Kate’s career was on the rocks after she was filmed snorting coke, and now she’s right back where she was, a somewhat iconic, sometimes glamorous person in the fashion industry. But then, if you are anyone in the fashion industry you have to be somewhat ‘iconic’ and glamorous at least part of the time – that’s what it’s about!

I think it would be interesting to meet her and find out what she’s really like as a person and perhaps get her views on the question being posed here.

How’s that for taking the question seriously Cinnamon? 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh, now we’re talking….

I’d go with Kylie as well. ‘Ordinary’ lass from Wollongorongobongorong or somewhere I dunno it’s Australian innit? Transformed into a sex-peanut, had a very successful pop music career, incredible bottom, seems like a lovely lady too.

As for a British style and glamour icon of our modern times, I’d present the case for Myleene Klass. Stunningly beautiful, extremely talented, and highly intelligent too. Very savvy, knows how to use her image and appeal to the max. At the same time as being a mum. Also, seems very lovely.

See? Sort of bird you could take out for a few jars, then she’d get on the old joanna, bash out a few tunes, turn it into a right old knees up. Moss would be too busy texting.

Looks like she’d enjoy a trip on the Woolwich Ferry, too. She’d appreciate the gesture, unlike some ungrateful cahs.

Why am I not married to Myleene? What went wrong? 😥

atlaz
    Free Member

I bumped into her once between her early “famous” years and the latter ones. She seemed quite upset that nobody knew who she was beyond being able to say that her face looked familiar. She’s also extremely short, but so is Scarlett Johanson and that doesn’t stop her being fairly glamorous.

trailertrash

I find Myleene Klass very annoying on the radio.

trailertrash

There was a really funny piece in one of the papers recently where Myleene was (still) trying to break America and was really upset that no-one knew who she was. Poor Myleene. Stuck, being annoying, on Classic FM. Not quite talented enough in the areas she wants to be great at.

trailertrash
    midlifecrashes

Bryan Ferry seems to have forgotten Jerry Hall.

donsimon
    Free Member

She is very photogenic and scrubs up very well, like many models, first thing on a Monday morning might not be the best time to see her. She is a first and foremost a photo model and personally I don’t care what she does in her private life.
    There are some very interesting attitudes on here, I don’t know why I’m surprised by the snobbery here, but I am.
    Between Monroe and Moss I suppose it’s difficult to say, Monroe died young from a drug overdose after a troubled life and Moss hasn’t died yet! Most glamorous, probably Moss. I would. 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Did you write that article?

I don’t care. Not interested in what the Americans have to say; Myleene is tops.

Beatrice Dalle….oooh…..

Wonky teeth, smokes fags, bit hatstand- yes please!

Juliette Binoche too. Bit posh. Nice.

All better than Kate flippin’ Moss.

If Kate Moss tried to chat me up, right, I’d say ‘look love, I might be pissed, but I’ve got me standards. See that whey-faced junkie in the corner, he might be interested though’.

She wouldn’t get me number. She’d be getting the cab home alone. Crying.

I’d be off down the late-night kebab shop with Myleene…

iDave
    Free Member

Monroe was more actress than model

Moss more model than anything else

Neither were shaping fashions, rather they reflected and projected styles conceived by others

Plenty of others are more ‘glamourous’ IMH.

Madonna isn’t my cuppa but has probably been a greater influence that Monroe or Moss

EDIT – Just need to post the best photo ever. Nom nom nom…

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Totally agree with idave about Madonna…really wanted to be like her in the 80’s…can’t say I’ve ever wanted to be like Kate Moss. I prefer to have my eyes towards the front of my face. Mind you, I suppose she has good periphary vision.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘'Kate Moss has been the most glamorous icon since …'’ is closed to new replies.