Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Kate hoax call REALLY not funny anymore……
  • marsdenman
    Free Member
    glupton1976
    Free Member

Theres a reason you couldnt find a thread on it…..

derek_starship
    Free Member

Just read that as it broke. Jesus. That is so, so sad.

YOu must have been a very proud nurse who couldn’t handle her indiscretion, albeit, one that was NOT her fault.

Those DJs in Oz….

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Sad thing is, the Aussie staion have just replayed that prank call again live on air… 😐

tuffty
    Free Member

Very sad.

piemonster

I don’t doubt the girl was given a hard time for her part in falling for the hoax.

But I’d be astonished if there wasn’t some background problems in her life.

Poor girl, very sad

davidjones15
    Free Member

Those DJs in Oz….

While it is all very sad, I don’t think the DJs (or anyone for that matter) could have predicted this as an outcome.

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

oh jesus. jesus jesus jesus that is terrible.

My heart sank and I wasn’t even the prank caller. Imagine how you would feel if you were personally responsible for someone killing themselves 🙁

I found the prank call pretty funny, but equally stupid. I just didn’t expect them to get anywhere with it. Clear security issue there, but not worth someones life.

29erKeith
    Free Member

piemonster +1
    but I wonder how her immediate management dealt with her after the incident?

supportive of a silly mistake or ????

glupton1976
    Free Member

Breach of patient confidentiality like that – potential sanction would be struck off the nursing register. So loss of career.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Thats awful – her poor family 🙁

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

I doubt it keith. I would imagine she was lambasted by her management for embarrassing their ‘institution’ that has proudly been the royal hospital of choice for a long time.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yes I imagine this was exactly what the Aussie DJ’s expected and had hoped for from this. Stupid, thoughtless and pointless but I think ‘personally responsible for someone killing themselves’ is an utterly ridiculous statement to make.

Nico
    Free Member

Has anybody actually read the article? “Breach of confidentiality”? She wasn’t the nurse giving the details, just picked up the phone. We don’t even know how she died. “I would imagine she was lambasted by her management for embarrassing their ‘institution’ ” yet the article says she was supported … give me strength.

Northwind

It was always going to cause damage, if it worked. And once you make that decision to go out and harm someone, you take responsibility for that even if it goes way further than you expect. Just one of the assorted reasons that you shouldn’t be crap to people just because you think it’s funny.

Very sad.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“but I think ‘personally responsible for someone killing themselves’ is an utterly ridiculous statement to make.”

Well I for one wouldn’t wanna live with it.

Very sad news from what was (whether you could careless or not) orginally a good news story.

Pook

a prank call is bullying isn’t it? no matter if its by a dj or anyone else?

this poor girl was sadly the unwitting victim.

it wasn’t even funny.

piemonster

What Nico said

BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha was the person who answered the call from the Australian DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess’s medical condition.

edlong
    Free Member

Breach of patient confidentiality like that – potential sanction would be struck off the nursing register. So loss of career.

Have you read the article – she wasn’t the one who gave any details out. No need to let facts get in the way though, ey?

EDIT: Beaten to it – what they said ^^

glupton1976
    Free Member

edlong – Have you thought that the content of the article that the link points to might have changed since it was first posted?

29erKeith
    Free Member

@Nico when the story broke the storey from that link didn’t have the information it does now

wwaswas

made for stw this story, isn’t it.

not many facts, obvious ‘baddies’ opprotunity for linking cause and effect with no evidence.

Regardless of why it happened, it’s her family and freinds who will be mourning her loss now and who we should be thinking of.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

whoa there, hold the horses, do we know anything other than a tragedy has occurred ?

hora
    Free Member

This is REALLY sad news. 🙁

I hope its not related/coincidence.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“I think she took life a little too seriously.”

Maybe… but not everyone is a think skinned, middle aged MTBer who couldn’t give two ***** for what people thought of them.

Cougar

She was ‘found dead’ – I’ve not yet seen anything yet to confirm that it was suicide? Could just be a horrible coincidence?

allthepies
    Free Member

I hope its not related/coincidence.

Errr…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

what Ro5ey said

FFS she is dead lets not have a pop at her.

Pook

my wife is currently pregnant. If the memory of that were to be forever tainted with the association to something like this I’d be quite sad really.

spawnofyorkshire

lets put a line under the lambasting of gluptons comments, the way the bbc website does live news stories is to expand an article under the same url therefore details (or lack of) change quite quickly.

Tbh I thought the prank was in poor taste to begin with, and whilst the aussie dj’s should have known there’d be consquences for their actions, this is beyond the expectation of anyone.

This pretty darn sad and i hope that the nurses family and colleagues aren’t put through the wringer

loum
    Free Member

KonaTC

Anyone who takes their own life whatever the circumstance is very sad especially for those left behind.

nealglover
    Free Member

but it was not a malicious prank and this could never have been predicted.

I do agree that this could not have been predicted (if its even related, as we don’t know that, yet)

I don’t agree that it was not a malicious prank.

They knew full well, that if it worked, their “joke” could quite easily cost the person on the other end of the phone their job/career.

tomhoward

JCL, that is disgusting.

Have a word with yourself.

kimbers

prank call or ‘journalists’ illegally obtaining medical information?

if they were based in the UK (post levenson) i imagine that the djs would be sitting in a police interview room

project
    Free Member

So very sad for her family and freinds and collegues.

Thankfully prank calls are now banned on uk radio by ofcom.

druidh
    Free Member

Really? Robin Galloway does them every week on Forth FM.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Tragic. Possibly related, possibly not. Probably would have triggered by something at some stage.

Cougar

There’s more on the Grauniad (for some value of ‘more’),

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/07/duchess-cambridge-hoax-call-nurse-found-dead

Scotland Yard has launched an investigation and is treating the death as “unexplained”.

In a statement, it said: “Police were called at approximately 9.25am on Friday, December 7, to a report of a woman found unconscious at an address in Weymouth Street, W1.

“London ambulance service attended and the woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Inquiries are continuing to establish the circumstances of the incident. The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage”.

They’re also flogging the “victim of hoax nurse” angle, but as has been said here the deceased was the nurse on reception, not the one who gave out confidential information.

slowmart
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Kate hoax call REALLY not funny anymore……’ is closed to new replies.