Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Kasp padlocks – any good?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

Moved house and got a metal locker in the garden. Anyone know if Kasp padlocks are any good? Want to boost the security a bit!

looking at these on Amazon:
    Kasp 60mm
    Kasp 50mm

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

No. Stick to Abus.

theflatboy
    Free Member

think i’ve got an abus on the shed at the moment, as when we bought it. are they the best to go for?

theflatboy
    Free Member

the abus ones seem to be quite cheap – are they honestly decent? 😕

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

This….

Protects this…

& it’s a big heavy bast*rd. Reccomended by my local engineering suppliers.

ton

i use 1 of these in the garage on the bikes to a floor anchor, and 1 on the outside on the garage door barrier.

theflatboy
    Free Member

have seen that the decent abus ones are more than i thought, though other forums seem to suggest that they’re not much cop. abloy and squire seem to get good recommendations?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those that Ton has but the chain wouldn’t fit, so I got the Kasp.

ton

the ones i got fit 16mm chain.
    they cost me £70 each

theflatboy
    Free Member
    theflatboy
    Free Member

anyone? is that squire one a decent option?

z1ppy

As squire are what Almax & Pragmasis sell with their chains, I’d say they had a decent reputation

theflatboy
    Free Member

nice one, cheers. will speak to insurance co and prob go with one of those then.

theflatboy
    Free Member

is it worth shelling out for the uber-expensive ones? how hard are £40 to break compared to £90? 😕

z1ppy

I recommend spending as much as possible, the squire SS65CS is ‘only’ £70-ish from Almax/Pragmasis and comes with a 10 year warrenty & a closed shackle to better protect the padlock
    (also depends on the chain you buy as some padlocks simply won’t fit a 16mm chain).

theflatboy
    Free Member

you are right, of course. cheers!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Kasp padlocks – any good?’ is closed to new replies.