Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Kasabian summer solstice. Anyone else going?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Thoroughly looking forward to it especially with the disappointment of last nights england result. Leicester is definitely going to be one busy town come tomorrow. Bring on the sunshine and beers!!!

vintagewino
    Free Member

are they going to do the song about the burgers?

rascal
    Free Member

There’s a load of us going.
    Underwhelmed by the support I must say.
    Will be an early start in a great pub well away from the Old Horse and the Lansdowne on London Road – they will be rammed and getting served there will be a mare!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to ‘getting on board’ with Zane. 😕

wrightyson
    Free Member

“Interesting” support for sure! Zane is quality as a warm up man.
    Where’s the best pubs in town these days. We’ll be coming in via train and staying at the ibis. 18 years nearly since I was last out in Leicester in the uni days, much changed? 39 steps still going 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

Steaming Billy pub next to the train station called the ‘Parcel Yard’ – not bad – big with decent beers….’The Hind’ adjacent is a bit rough and ready.

Further into town there’s ‘The Globe’ on the corner of Silver Street and O’Neills opposite that.
    ‘The Pub’ is good on New Walk but as that’s close to the gig that will be rammed to I think.
    Can’t tell you where I’m going as it shouldn’t be that busy (fingers crossed) but it will be if enough people know about it 😉
    ‘The Orange Tree’ on High Street is pretty cool with nice beers and a beer garden.
    Loads of bars down Braunstone Gate too.
    Not sure about 39 Steps, though it was a proper grot hole in years gone by!

dawson

Yep, me, the missus and daughters (11 & 10) are going.

Would like to see Jagwar Mar, but not bothered about any of the other support acts

wrightyson
    Free Member

So much for the community spirt of stw rascal 😉
    It’s going to be a proper blast from the past especially as my bro in law who’s also coming “studied” at Leicester with me. It’ll be check in then get busy! How far from town is vicky park?

binners

It did tickle me what Billy Bragg had to say about them:

They [Kasabian] have an important role to play. They are there to remind us how true Spinal Tap was

😆

rascal
    Free Member

Ibis is just behind the train station which is at the bottom of London Rd…Vicky Park is at the top – no more than 10 mins walk. As I said it’s next to The Parcel Yard (should be your first stop) but you’ll pass The Hind, The Lansdowne and The Marquis of Wellington which I forgot about and I’d say was the best of all the London Road boozers but VERY close to the venue….though not as close as the Old Horse which is almost behind where the stage is allegedly going to be!

anjs
    Free Member

Ah many happy uni days were spent in the marquis and old horse with a pint of old orginal

scandal42
    Free Member

About 20 of us going from deepest Leicestershire.

More pubs and bars around Clarendon Park / London Road than you can shake a stick at.

Rascal I might see you in the Parcel Yard if you are about?

P.S. Nobody else should even think about going to the Parcel Yard, it will be utterly rubbish, don’t go in there 😛

rascal
    Free Member

Matt – not planning on it but you never know!
    I’m bound to bump into you in Vicky Park – I mean there’s only another 34,998 people there 🙂

CountZero

binners – Member
    It did tickle me what Billy Bragg had to say about them:

They [Kasabian] have an important role to play. They are there to remind us how true Spinal Tap was
    Good ol’ Bill, perceptive as usual. 😆

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Billy Bragg said that? Pffff he’s just jealous of their success.

wrightyson
    Free Member

**** Billy Bragg.
    Roll on tomorrow.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Not going myself but I know of 4 tickets going spare if you know anyone who wants one.

warton
    Free Member

😆 nail on head!

toppers3933
    Free Member

Currently lying in bed listening to the gig in the distance. We live roughly 5 miles away. 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

I don’t really know much about Kasabian, but I know that Billy Bragg is now just a curmudgeonly self-parody.

He’s just so crushingly predictable nowadays that he really ought to give panto a crack.

CountZero

Idannyh – Member
    I don’t really know much about Kasabian, but I know that Billy Bragg is now just a curmudgeonly self-parody.

He’s just so crushingly predictable nowadays that he really ought to give panto a crack.
    Really? He seemed chirpy enough when he played Frome, chatting to us queuing outside before the doors opened, and again afterwards, and went back for Record Store Day, and played outside the store without a PA for around 2000 people, then hung around chatting for ages after that.
    But then, I’ve yet to meet an artist after a gig who was anything but cheerful and a pleasure to talk to.

ski
    Free Member

We just got back!

Covered in sweat, beer and warm piss! 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just woke up. Got four rows from the front with veteran gig goer wife and two newbies. Met loads of nice folk. Was king of the mosh pit for <2 seconds, quickly realised I’m 40 next year but still know I’ll be up the front somewhere this summer. Brilliant day but as usual not enough fuvking toilets!!!

ski
    Free Member

Just woke up. Got four rows from the front with veteran gig goer wife and two newbies. Met loads of nice folk. Was king of the mosh pit for <2 seconds, quickly realised I’m 40 next year but still know I’ll be up the front somewhere this summer. Brilliant day but as usual not enough fuvking toilets!!!

Omg! Was that the mosh right of the stage? You weren’t the naked bloke were you? 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yep the mosh to the right of the stage. Lost me sunnies but thankfully had all my clothes on still.

scandal42
    Free Member

Phone has discopeared 👿

Absolutely epic day though, nice to see you on the stroll up New Walk Wayne.

rascal
    Free Member

Matt – yep it was a great day.
    A booze-fest that ended with an ambulance trip to LRI with a torn Achilles!
    No biking for me for 4 weeks and hobbling around like a nobber on clutches 😳
    Have you lost your phone?

scandal42
    Free Member

You must have been pulling some big shapes mate, proper battle injury, and a battle it was at times.

Yes unfortunately, Im thinking some cave dwelling knuckle dragger may have had a role to play in its disappearance, but cant be sure.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Kasabian summer solstice. Anyone else going?’ is closed to new replies.