Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Karma/reputation markers beside names for the classifieds only.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It would appear that there are some realshysters on here who try to flog on gear that isnt quite in the condition that they claim it is and possibly doesnt even exist.

How about sticking some karma/reputation marks beside folks names in the classified forum only to show whether or not they are good to trade with?

I hate the little karma/reputation makrs too, but until i can trust folk to buy stuff from then I wont use the classifieds as they’re being spoilt be unscrupulous people.

mactheknife

On a kitesurfing forum i use there used to be a feedback section where everybody could discuss any sales that had gone right or wrong.

It worked very well with mainly good feedback reported but some scammers were exposed. But obviously the kitesurfing world is a lot smaller than the cycling one so there seemed to be more trust all round.

But the system can be open to abuse.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just post on the for sale thread the outcome. then anyone can search and see how the sale went. thats what I do

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    4ndyB
    Free Member

There is another forum (shock horror!) that I use, it has a feedback forum

It’s very useful seeing users feedback when deciding whether or not to buy from them

But there have been instances where excellent feedback has been left (and several pages of it) and the person in question has done disappearing act with folks cash (paypal gift), not answered emails, or phone calls.

Eventually (months later in some cases) things were sorted out but it just goes to show that lots of good feedback does not a great seller make.

As always it’s trust your own judgement

I got burned on this forum when something was paid for by me & didn’t turn up, months later I did get a refund though.

I never use paypal gift or bank transfers any more after that, it’s paypal with the fees paid by me, at least that way you have some form of insurance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Karma/reputation markers beside names for the classifieds only.’ is closed to new replies.