• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by colp.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Karcher Bike Washer
  • Hornet600
    Free Member

Has anybody seen the new Kärcher bike washer?
    Notice an email from MBR to win tickets to the London bike show next and it is sponsored by Kärcher and their new product.
    Looks handy but will it be better than what’s on the market?
    I love my Nomad but does leak and not available anymore.
    MBR link

Sandwich

That’s a cheap way of building your marketing database that competition. So much personal info required and all mandatory. I’m surprised they let you opt out of the marketing mails.

The washer looks just the thing. Though most of us will need an extra water canister given the cleaning OCD we all suffer from.

milky1980
    Free Member

I’m in the market for one, that looks rather neat! A bit small on the reservoir side but if it’s cheaper than the Mobi CRC knock out at £100 then I’d rather go for this one and just get a small water barrel to use as a top-up.

Can’t find it listed on the UK Karcher site though 😕

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zilog6128

looks great, definitely interested in that depending on price!

also the MBR comp is to win a washer, not tickets to the bike show

BlobOnAStick

4 litre reservoir?! That might clean a summer ride’s dust off, certainly aint going to clean a Wyre Forest ride off a bike (well, it might just do a wheel)

Hornet600
    Free Member

Sorry Zilog618 you are right, scanning emails and trying to work at the same time!
    I have doubts whether 4L would be enough, but with 5L water bottle in the boot for a top up it could be interesting.
    Given that most products leak somewhere and are expensive, I guess it comes down to the price.
    I’m off to the show next week, so will try and find out more!

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Ooh nice, my work are dealers for Karcher so I wonder what I can get one for… 8)

Stoner
    Free Member
    Hornet600
    Free Member

Good work Stoner, so I guess €149 rrp will be £100ish at retail level, it’s getting more interesting!

nairnster
    Free Member

Or probably £149 as well. Things never seem to translate to a straight exchange rate price ime.

stumpy01

I like the way that the hose & gun stores within the device.

But, a 4 litre capacity isn’t going to last very long, especially as it seems to say it’ll do 2L/min flow rate at max. And let’s be honest, for the times when you want/need to use something like this you are going to want it on max.

It’ll probably do one bike if you help it out with brushes, rather than just rely on the water jet to dislodge the muck.

sam_underhill

There’s an accessory hose to connect it to an alternative water source. So you could easily have a big old jerry can along with it if the 4l isn’t enough.

mos

I can easily get though 15L washing my bike after a cross race.
    Does look cool though, maybe thats because its so small!

stumpy01

sam_underhill – Member

There’s an accessory hose to connect it to an alternative water source. So you could easily have a big old jerry can along with it if the 4l isn’t enough.

But, if you’re having to do that you might as well just buy something with a bigger capacity in the first place – like a Nomad or a Sealey one…..

zilog6128

except you can’t actually buy a Nomad, and the Sealey is just a generic design same as Mobi, so there’s definitely a gap in the market for a quality product IMO. Looks ideal to use out of the back of a car/van. But, we’ll see!

lustyd
    Free Member

I use one of these. Exceptionally well made and robust. Doesn’t need power and plenty of pressure to wash my muddy fat bike and filthy legs/face after a ride 🙂
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/portable-shower-8-l-id_8333161.html

milky1980
    Free Member

Hmm, £100-125 I’d probably have one over the Mobi as it’ll be repairable and should be better built but £150 would be too much due to the small capacity reservoir. But then looking at the design it wouldn’t be hard to offer a larger one as an accessory, the 15mins runtime could be an issue though.

Goldigger
    Free Member
    leftyboy
    Free Member

@sandwich 99% of these online comps are to get data for marketing. The opt out is a legal requirement either on the ‘site’ or via an opt out/unsubscribe in the emails you’ll get. But the point is they now have some data 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The Airace washer is pretty good – good pressure, big capacity, etc.

Doesn’t have a power source so you either run it form the car or from a portable battery, as I do, and then you have lots of available power.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airace-Driving-Waterman-Portable-Pressure-x/dp/B0050VDO1G

BoardinBob

I’ve got that one. Brilliant bit of kit. Proper metal hose connections. Mine has been bombproof

colp

The hose looks really small bore, I don’t reckon it would shift much dirt.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Karcher Bike Washer’ is closed to new replies.