Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kask Rex Anyone?
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Not great mag reviews but very good user reviews
    With additional discount its down from £150 to £75 at Merlin which appears to be pretty cheap compared to the other lids I was looking at
    Any current long term reviews ?

afra
    Free Member

I have had one for for 6 months or so. I like it better than the Poc trabec I had before, well vented and barely notice it when I’m out. Peak is a bit ‘meh’ and I’m not sure how I’d feel about it at full price, got mine in a sale but I think at £75 you can’t go far wrong.

I would note that depending where you fit in the size guide you might want to try it on, my head measures toward the lower end of the large size but the smaller one fit me way better even though it should be too small, I am folicically challenged though.

Can’t comment on camera mount or goggle restrainer, I’ve never used them.

iainc

Unadjustable ear straps wasted it for me

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Unadjustable ear straps wasted it for me

You mean the toggles on the chin strap which you can move to provide more/less clearance of the strap from your ears?

jairaj

I’ll have to double check but I thought it got a pretty good review in STW a few months back when they did their helmet group test.

iainc

You mean the toggles on the chin strap which you can move to provide more/less clearance of the strap from your ears?

yes, though I do think I am wrong thinking back, sorry.

I passed mine to iaincjnr, the issue I had with the straps is that I wear prescription specs and the straps were too tight to my face and moved my specs. I am back to Giro where the straps are attached to the edge of the lid rather than the inners, giving a bit more clearance

chrispy

I’ve had one for a few months now and on the whole I like it. It’s a very comfy helmet but I do find that it runs a bit warm for me. Also it’s the fist helmet where I have noticed the peak getting in the way of what I can see a little bit.

goyawave
    Free Member

I’m interested in this too. Its between this or the IXS Trail. Does anyone know if the sizing for the Rex is similar to a Mojito?

djflexure

I have a Vertigo and the Rex is a similar fit.

The peak moves up and down on mine – nice feature so that it is never in the way.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kask Rex Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.