Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kaiser Cheifs
  • flip
    Free Member

Are officially superb live 😀

Just seen em in Birmingham totally blown away, if you got the chance do it.

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

had to take my daughter to see them last november, wasn’t looking forward to it to say the least, but actually really enjoyed the show.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I saw the ‘homecoming’ gig at Elland Road stadium last year (the night before Leeds played in the play-off final too).

I was expecting a fantastic night, full of energy and excitement.

I thought they were, at best, average. Most disappointed. The only fun bit was dancing with my 10yr old niece up and down the rows on the Kop.

Mark Ronson was better, providing the early evening support from a little window in the corner of the stage.

So either you guys have very low expectations from gigs or I was very unfortunate.

ste83
    Free Member

Managed to see them, 3 or 4 times now – Leeds 07 was a great gig, as they went under the name hooks for hands, and tried to keep it quiet – ended up being right at the front, and when the first few chords of ruby were played – everyone rushed the tent!!!

Good times!

joe1983
    Free Member

Saw them a while back at the MEN, wasn’t looking forward to it but they were excellent live

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Saw them on Monday in Sheff. Again, not high on my list of bands that I would pay and go see but girlfriend had paid for the tickets 😉
    I thought they were very good and accomplished live and I really enjoyed it.
    As I don’t listen to them regularly you forget how many sing-a-long anthemic tracks they’ve released over the last few years (Ruby, I Predict A Riot, Oh My God, etc, etc). Although I think my favourite performance of the night was Love Is Not A Competition. Far better live than on the album.

ourmaninthenorth

A distinctly average band. Their first album had four reasonable songs, the rest was just filler (they’d have been better releasing it as an EP).

Saw them at the MEN (not through choice) and thought it overblown and over-wrought.

finbar
    Free Member

Caught them at Glastonbury in 2007 and thought they were bo-ring. In their defence it was pissing it down with rain and conditions under (well, over) foot were possibly akin to the Somme, so i wasn’t in the most receptive mood.

DezB
    Free Member

Novelty-indie. Not my idea of fun.
    Bet the singalong-a-gigs are marvellous. Yuk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kaiser Cheifs’ is closed to new replies.