Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Just wandering along…
  • MoreCashThanDash

Blimey

LAT

wow.

my son saw a bear and her cub in the woods by his school last week. there is no fence between the woods and the school.

oldfart

I was lucky enough to work for a season in Whistler and have some memorable encounters with bears . At the end of Kill Me Thrill Me I rounded a corner of the trail and nearly parked my bike in ones butt ! Working for Whistler Paintball I was digging a foxhole in the side of the hill , came back down to admire my handiwork looked back up to see a bear sat in the foxhole ! After a Paintball game when it had quietened down the local bears would come out and eat up all the spent paintballs they found them irresistible 😬 Hanging the guests washing out one day I spotted something out the corner of my eye , yep a bear sat under a tree just watching me 😬 Riding down the Valley Trail to start breakfast one sat right on the cycle path had to give it a very wide berth 😬 Great memories .

funkmasterp

That’s a great video. Bears are fantastic creatures.

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most De...
    Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150
    Poopscoop

Loved that video, thanks for posting.👍

CountZero

Talk about a nonchalant stroll! Until the bear got a few yards past and broke into a run. 😎

I have to say, my closest encounter with a native carnivore was with a weasel one day when out for a ride on the Sustrans path out of Chippenham. I spotted it coming towards me so stopped and watched it as it loped along the track. It stopped when it was right below me, looked straight up at me as if to say, hi, nice day for a ride” then bounced off into a nearby hedge!
    Just a lovely interaction with a usually rather elusive creature.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Mmm the Weasel was working out if it could kill you and drag you off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.