Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Just walked into 'Cap'n Jacks ' piratey pub in Woolacombe to find…
  • jkomo

Decent beer, a pool table that costs 50p, and a playlist that went from Curtis Mayfield to a Portishead mix I’d never heard before.
    That will do.

CountZero

Decent beer and good sounds is all that matters to me, looks like a good find, matey! Arrrrrhhhh. 😉

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

A great place.

They’ll sell you a beer as long as you look vaguely 17ish too 😉

pomona
    Free Member

Proper pubs don’t have music.

bullheart
    Free Member

It’s a trap; prepare to be press-ganged into a life of sailing the seven seas, pilliaging and looting, with rum, sodomy and the cat’o’nine tails your unhappy bed fellows…

Pop some lemons in your pocket, the scurvy can play havoc with your teeth.

rOcKeTdOg

+1

tinybits
    Free Member

Or wiminz, or young people, or in fact anything that prevents you looking like you’re sucking a lemon while complaining about the price if beer and various bodily ailments.

_tom_
    Free Member

pubs for boring old farts don’t have music.

ftfy.

takisawa2

He obviously went in the lounge.
    A real man would head for the bar.

grum
    Free Member

Not even live music?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They might have become a thing of the past but there was a time when the pub piano was an indispensable requirement in every successful pub.

rOcKeTdOg

Live music yes, but that computer designed rubbish that gets played by the x factor generation today, no thanks. Maybe i would appreciate it more if I tried alcopops and pretend beverages that the youngsters think are real drinks

jkomo

I don’t think Curtis Mayfield had a computer. Not sure though.

Duffer
    Free Member

I’m sorry – a pool table that requires monies to operate?

I’m out.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Proper pubs don’t have need music.

FIFY.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There’s a long British tradition which links drinking with music.

Of course there’s also a long tradition of miserable gits who wallow in their miserableness 🙂

CountZero

Of course there’s also a long tradition of miserable gits who wallow in their miserableness

😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There’s 3 pubs where I live, there was 5 but 2 (with music, live sports on telly, pool tables), both closed. The busiest of the 3 remaining has good beer, a good landlord, real fires & lots of good crack, no music, telly or pool. But there again, people are good conversationists round these parts.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Just walked into 'Cap'n Jacks ' piratey pub in Woolacombe to find…’ is closed to new replies.