Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Just Sold my House
  • chiefinspector
    Free Member

My house went on the market just over a week ago. Closing date was noon today and it went for 14% over the asking price. Didn’t expect to get anywhere near that much so to say i’m pleased is an understatement.

I know this isn’t a true reflection of the market across the whole of the UK but where i am is is going crazy!!!

bearnecessities

*panics*

bruneep

hazard a guess at Aberdeen?

camo16
    Free Member

Woo! and not a little Hoo!

Congrats dude.

So where in our fair land are you?

grum
    Free Member

You haven’t sold it until you’ve exchanged contracts surely? Or am I missing something?

Edit: Ah, (just over the border in) Scotland is different innit.

DezB
    Free Member

Closing date

bruneep

Closing date
    Once a number of parties have noted an interest, the sellers may set a closing date for offers. This is usually noon on a certain date, and offers should be submitted before that time on that day. You will normally be advised how many other parties have noted an interest, but not what they will be offering. It is at this stage that you must decide how much you are willing to offer, depending on the valuation and level of interest. If your offer is unsuccessful, your solicitor is not permitted to re-submit a higher offer on your behalf, unless invited to do so by the selling agents

closed bids, normally highest offer over wins

chiefinspector
    Free Member

Yes it is Aberdeen. I have already bought another house so however much i got for this one would determine how much i can spend on the new one.

Closing date

This is when all the interested parties have to place thier bids by. 99% of the time it goes to the highest bidder but sometimes moving in dates can determine who gets the house.

bruneep

house prices are bonkers here 🙁

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24348196

iolo
    Free Member

Sold as in actual cash in your pocket?
    If not I’d wait a bit before saying that.
    I’ve been messed around so many times.

weeksy

Houses are selling pretty well in West Berks. In a bit of a dilema as to whether we’ve over-priced ours currently. Been on the market 3 weeks and had 5 viewings, but no offers.

Got a veiwing today at 4.30 and Saturday arvo too. I guess we’ll just keep waiting for someone who loves the place as much as we did/do.

chiefinspector
    Free Member

We had 16 viewers in a week with 8 notes of interest put in. Out of that 8, 6 people put in a bid. The money won’t go into my pocket but straight to the solicitor to put into the new house.

The guy that put in the highest bid was very keen to move in so i can’t see it falling through. If it does fall through then there are still 3 of the other bidders we could go to who all bid between 10 – 13%.

iolo
    Free Member

Fantastic news then

nixie

Sold as in actual cash in your pocket?
    If not I’d wait a bit before saying that.
    I’ve been messed around so many times.

Scotland so different rules.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Good work.

We bought up here last year and offered asking price 1 day after it went on the market.

Got asked for another 2.5% said ok deal done

**** hate closing dates.

Couple said when we were moving in that they could have sold it 10times over as the requestsfor viewings just kept coming even after it was sold. Folks were seeking it out and coming to the house even after the solicitors told them it was under offer incase it fell through.

As bruneep says in aberdeen house buying is crazy- its just pot luck.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d celebrate when the new owner moves in, not because they’ve said they want it.

iolo
    Free Member

I wish it was that easy in North Wales

Ro5ey
    Free Member

My vendor pulled out last week … been waiting a year for him to find somewhere!!

He up his price to allow him to find somewhere he wanted a couple of months ago … no worries… the market has moved in a year and as I was now on the third buyer of my house I’d been able to up the price of mine to pay for his… but no he still can’t find anywhere, because people aren’t dropping their prices !!! WTF

So he either didn’t really want to move in the first price or he’s being super greedy … but bearing in mind my wife has flat out asked him “what price for you to actually move? We’ll find it” he can’t give an answer …. berk

And to think he’s an Economist and a trustee of Aviva Pension… with just it’s £16bn in funds … and he can’t even buy and sell a house ??

Feel as if life has been wasted for a year now (although have been enjoying the kids loads while we waited to move) and really rather peed off at having picked the bottom of the market and not been able to deal …. Grrrr.

Plan now, to do a loft conversion and get our house’s value through a tax band that was acting as a ceiling to the price we could get.

Anyway … sorry for the ramble… always good to vent

Hope the OP and all others trying/hoping to move don’t have any probs

weeksy

We’re prepared to remove ourselves from any chain by moving out right away and into rented accomodation if need be, as long as we can get the first phase done and get ours sold, then i’m happy.

RustyMac

chiefinspector congrats on the sale. it makes me feel better about our purchase a couple of months back that we managed to somehow get for the valuation price.

spacemonkey

Had our offer accepted about 4 months ago but the agent is **** and the vendor is a right ****. A fair bit of remedial work required that the latter won’t yet accept responsibility for even though I’ve shoved enough evidence (builders + surveyors) in his face. Viewing other properties but there’s just so little movement in these parts.

hooli

Congrats.

It seems some areas of the country are going mad. There were 3 or 4 houses near me that sold within days for more than the asking price. You would think it was 2007 again…

bruneep

Gary_M – Member
    I’d celebrate when the new owner moves in, not because they’ve said they want it.

Done deal in Scotland, or face the financial penalties.

kcal

hm, in days gone past bruneep I’ll grant you that but I suspect there’s a lot more “subject to survey” and general dancing about..

But yes, once they’ve indicated that they’ll buy, you’re on the home run.

trail_rat
    Free Member

we were advised that offers submitted with “subject to survey” were generally viewed with disdain – and that the vendors solicitor would advise against accepting them….. we never got a survey anyhoo.

kcal

may depend on the type of the market then, t_r – if it’s a seller’s or buyer’s market, how desperate the folk are, local conditions and possibly even how local the buyers are..

Can’t even recall if we bid STS for this house (Elgin), there were other bidders; last house we sold (in Edinburgh) there was only one bidder :/

tonyd

We’re in the process of buying in Berkshire. As much as it pains me to say it most folks appear to be partying like it’s 2007. There is very little coming on the market and anything that is good and reasonably priced goes quickly.

There is also lots of overpriced tat that isn’t shifting, the owners of which just keep changing agents without considering that they might need to drop the price after 12 months on the market!

The place we’re buying was on Rightmove for less that 24 hours. The agent removed it because there was so much interest. We offered over asking price which is completely out of character for me.

Waiting to exchange so hopefully all goes well.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well “subject to survey” won’t be an issue as that is for the vendors to do in Scotland these days, and yes they are accepted by mortgage providers. I have however seen clauses like “subject to me selling my place” which is an attempt to make a chain. These are generally rejected by the vendors solicitor.

molgrips
    Free Member

Let me know if anyone wants a house in Cardiff…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Just Sold my House’ is closed to new replies.