Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • (Terrorist content) Just received this from The Met…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

… and thought it worth sharing:

Guide to Hostile Reconnaissance
    Terrorists very often undertake some form of reconnaissance prior
    to carrying out an attack. They may do this in vehicles or on foot, recording and documenting locations.
    The three main considerations in assessing potential preparatory activity are:
    • The likelihood of a venue being targeted
    • The extent to which identification of suspects is possible
    • The type of suspicious behaviour shown
    In this period of heightened alert, it is vital to remain vigilant, trust your instincts and report possible reconnaissance to the police.
    Examples of suspicious behaviour include:
    • Occupants of stationary vehicles watching a building or structure, for no apparent reason.
    • Vehicles moving slowly near public buildings, structures or bridges, or parked in suspicious circumstances
    • People using recording equipment, including camera phones, or seen making notes or sketches for no apparent reason
    • Attention to specific access/egress areas; stairwells, hallways, fire escapes for no apparent reason
    • People loitering at or near premises for long periods, watching patrons, for no apparent reason.
    • People asking detailed or unusual questions about buildings and business operations, facilities (such as room layouts), security or parking for no apparent reason
    • Members of the public in offices and ‘off limits’ areas, plant rooms and similar locations
    Intelligence continues to suggest that crowded places, economic, government, travel, military, aviation, and iconic sites are all seen as potential targets for terrorists.
    All of these are to be found in London.
    Report any incidents or suspicious activity to your local police station, or the Anti Terrorist Hotline, in an emergency dial 999 quoting
    “Operation Lightning”
    Please report any incident promptly, as it could be the last act of preparation prior to an attack.
    If the person has left the scene, a subsequent report can be made to your local police or by contacting the confidential
    Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321

bigjim

vorlich
    Free Member

I for one am living in constant fear…
    *ssshh* what was that?

woody2000

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

About to launch a Catwa

sandwicheater

Is that cat wearing a cardinal hat?

bikebouy
    Free Member

You have an awful,lot of stationary black Merc S500’s parked up near Public Buildings in That London.

Mebbies we should report all of em’

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ha ha. Yes let’s mock the Police eh ? Particularly smart right now.

matt_outandabout

Found one. Now, how do I report her?

matt_outandabout

No one expects the Spanish inquisition.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ha ha. Yes let’s mock the Police eh ? Particularly smart right now.

It’s just freedom of speech innit?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve got a bad feline about this thread.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

About five years ago, when going to a job interview I took a detour into Bishopsgate because I wanted to take a look at “The Gherkin” up close, out of interest.

I noticed that there were a couple of Asian-looking guys examining the building and photographing it on their mobile phone cameras.

On the way back to my interview, I noticed there was a policeman walking his beat. It occurred to me to report the sighting, but then I dismissed that as just being paranoid.

Today, I wouldn’t hesitate. Just saying, like…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Today, I wouldn’t hesitate.

We all need to search for the hero inside ourselves in these uncertain times. It will reveal the hidden secrets.

the-muffin-man

• Occupants of stationary vehicles watching a building or structure, for no apparent reason.

That describes most parents in the UK!

Mindless hours sat outside buildings waiting for whatever it is their kids are doing to finish.

woody2000

scruff9252

I took a detour into Bishopsgate because I wanted to take a look at “The Gherkin” up close, out of interest.

I noticed that there were a couple of Asian-looking guys examining the building and photographing it on their mobile phone cameras

And say what?

“Officer, I went to look at that fancy new building to admire the architecture but there were brown men looking at it too. They must be terrorists”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not exactly. Probably more like: “I noticed that there were two men of Asian-looking appearance who were taking photographs of The Gherkin and I thought, given the current state of alert, I should report it.”

The copper could then have made a value judgement.

EDIT: I agree that I would probably still be being paranoid, but I think now I’d conciously ignore that. Just in case.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Which I suspect would be rather more about you than them!

somouk
    Free Member

“Officer, I went to look at that fancy new building to admire the architecture but there were brown men looking at it too. They must be terrorists”

Yes, maybe not the brown men bit and replace it with suspicious looking people but they would rather people report things and it amount to nothing than not report it.

The information you give might be the final piece in a puzzle. I spend a lot of time on and off military establishments and they’re mega hot on this sort of thing at the moment.

kudos100
    Free Member

Not exactly. Probably more like: “I noticed that there were two men of Asian-looking appearance who were taking photographs of The Gherkin and I thought, given the current state of alert, I should report it.”

Did they have beards?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Plod could always arrest you for being a bit racist in a public place.

Very public spirited to hand yourself over, though.

suspicious looking people

Just what is suspicious about taking a picture of a landmark? Their skin colour. Awesome.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Which I suspect would be rather more about you than them!

That would be fine.

EDIT: However

Yes, maybe not the brown men bit and replace it with suspicious looking people but they would rather people report things and it amount to nothing than not report it.

The information you give might be the final piece in a puzzle. I spend a lot of time on and off military establishments and they’re mega hot on this sort of thing at the moment.

zigzag69
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

No one expects the Spanish inquisition inkittysition.
    FTFY.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Profiling innit?

footflaps

Forget Asian, just say they had beards, that will raise the threat level a few notches….

wrecker
    Free Member

I probably wouldn’t report it, but it may make me paws (IGMC)

thegreatape
    Free Member

[the old ones are the best ones]

It might be worth checking that the advice posted by the OP is the current advice, and not several years out of date.

[/the old ones are the best ones]

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

two men of Asian-looking appearance

two of them eh? Would i have been ok if they’d been accompanied by a white man? does this mean there could be a business to be had hiring out white guys to people of suspicious ethnic origin? Awesome. I can see my pitch on Dragons Den now – hireahonkey coz woppit says so.

somouk
    Free Member

It might be worth checking that the advice posted by the OP is the current advice, and not several years out of date.

Their website suggests pretty much the same:

http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Security-Advice-and-Information/1400006266952/terrorism

footflaps

The copper could then have made a value judgement shot them on site for being a bit foreign looking.

kudos100
    Free Member

Forget Asian, just say they had beards, that will raise the threat level a few notches….

Exactly. Everyone knows that terrorists have beards…..Then again so do hipsters.

Maybe they were from Shoreditch?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Then again so do hipsters.

Do you need another excuse to shoot some hipsters?

footflaps

.Then again so do hipsters.

It’ll be a double win then if the MET shoot a few Hipsters as well….

Latest MET training aid, spot the Hipster terrorist:

torsoinalake
    Free Member

epicsteve
    Free Member

Do you need another excuse to shoot some hipsters?

In my opinion, no. Especially if they’re riding fixies with stupidly narrow handlebars.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

What’s the ratio of brown to beard, I tan easy?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

two of them eh? Would i have been ok if they’d been accompanied by a white man?

No.

Begs the question: “What if they had all been white?”

Good question. Hold on, thinks.

I’d still report it.

kudos100
    Free Member
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

Probably preface it with “It may be nothing, but…”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘(Terrorist content) Just received this from The Met…’ is closed to new replies.