Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Just ordered a new light – Bastid lights posh cousin? Wonderbike Marrow
  • Gnnr

After reading the DX bastid light thread on here and Mtbr’s site I saw someone link to this light:
    http://wonderbike.co.kr/shop/shop/largeimage.php?it_id=1240825535&img=1240825535_l1

It looks to me like a better made version of the DX light. Anyway I have ordered one direct from Wonderbike for 124USD inc postage. (£75)

I’ll let you know if its any better made than the “Bastid” or if its just swarf filled “Son of Bastid”. Cheers G

lightman
    Free Member

Well done for ordering the exact same light for more money!!

Do you not realise that all these company’s get the same products from the same manufacturers and some leave them as is OR like the one you’ve ordered, ad a name to it to make it look better!!

The only difference i saw, was that the LED at the back, changes when its nearly finished, and if its on theirs, then im sure it’ll be on the DX soon, if not already.

Spongebob
    Free Member

£75 looks like a bargain price. The light looks really bright in the photos, but these could have been “photoshopped”.

I’ll be interested to know how this kit performs. Can you post an update?

I hope there is no import tax to pay. Courier’s sometimes demand this when they deliver.

Good luck!

Gnnr

You may be right lightman, or maybe not. It looks better finished to me, the back where the name is is flatter and and the unit looks better made… hey If it is exactly the same light then I’m not too much out of pocket.

I’m no expert on these lights but light specs a SSC P7 D bin.
    Is this exactly the same as the DX light? If its really sh*t i’ll bung Trout some dosh to fix it… (If thats ok trout)

gamo
    Free Member

Other than the branding it looks identical to my dx one!
    and i wouldnt say it looks any better finshed.

CountZero

I’ve got a DX light, and the standard of finish is really good, much better than my P7 Aurora torch. The only difference between the DX and this light is the bezel around the reflector, which is smooth black alloy here, and silver crenellated on the DX. It’s impossible to tell how well made this light is from the low rez pics on the ‘site.

Gnnr

You are probably all right and I have wasted some cash…

I’ll pull it apart and post some pics when it arrives.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Do the DX ones have orange peel reflectors?

gamo
    Free Member

yes.

Gnnr

just got an email from the seller:

“I don’t see the payment in my bank account.. but i just love to put full trust on what you said you did.. I will ship the package tomorrow and let you know the tracking info..

thanx and have a beautiful day

Jay..

p.s.. John,, there is an issue.. some customers are thinking the p7s on my lights are C ranked ones.. Maybe because my lights have a little bit different color.. i used 5350k..not 6700k.. The reason is simple… More hallogen like color gives you more visibility.. We makers usually buy leds in a bundle of 250 units.. There is no chance you will have c-ranked p7. 6700k led looks more bright, but it is not.. it just looks like that.. you will see what i am saying deep in the forest in the dark night..”

Seems like a nice guy. I will have a beautiful day and I hope i don’t find out that his lights are rubbish “deep in the forest in the dark night”.

lightman
    Free Member

He seems too nice!
    Sending you a light when he has no money in his account!
    Tell him you payed for 10 and see what he says! 😉

Anyway, im sure the light will be fine when you get it.

Mine seems good enough, did run time on low and got around 10hrs @ 1.1amps and on high its drawing 3.2amps, which is a bit on the high side.
    So as they say, dont leave it on high if there is no cooling for it, and ignore the charge the battery every 2months crap.
    Li-ion are better stored at 50% power in a cool place/fridge if not being used for a while.

Oh, remember other lights will look brighter, but wont be as bright, just look brighter, if you compare it to a c-bin P7!!

saladdodger
    Free Member

Sorry to pea on yer strawberrys but it looks like my “bastid” with a differant bezel

Still pleased with mine despite the strobe effect on low beam

Gnnr

I just got another email from Jay at Wonderbike in Korea, I guess he is following this thread from his comments, he said it was ok to copy and past his emails so here goes:

“John,, i just read thru a various kinds of comments about your announcement of your purchase.. Once again copy and paste what i am saying here now..
    1. Driver boards were made by Minjun Electronics in Shenzhen. so same driver equipped in DX?? I was asking them to make driver boards with a switch and fuel guage in the middle of the board. That request eventually made my lights look like Lupine’s.. Anybody can make his own p7 lights with his own design..I couldn’t avoid my lights look like Lupines.. Tell them to think about all hallogen lights..are they all genuinely designed? They are destined to be more than 80 percent same.. no way out of it.. When it comes to the designs for p7,, they all have cone-like looking reflectors, same looking leds,, and any manufactures will try to make it lighter than the others..

2. i bought 750 p7s with the color temperature of 5350k. D-ranked from SSC..510 for me and other 240 for my vendor. Purchasing D-SVN(any code starting with SV means 5350k) was made intentionally for better visibility..before me , all the other makers chose 6700k..casue 6700k is easier to get. cause only 15 to 20% out of whole leds made at a time is 5350k..70 to 80 is 6700k.. Leds are semiconductors..they are sorted after the production.

3. i made battery pouches and cnc machined the handle bar mounts here in Korea.
    Why? i wanted stronger pouches and more beautiful looking mounts..and i disliked their mounts looking exactly the same as Lupine’s

4. Information, if it is not shared, it is not information any more. Nothing to hide,add or delete. Have a further talk….. Only p7 is something we can have a talk about techs about.. and all the others are just decorations..There are millions of technicians who can make your own lights if you are ready to pay enough.. To me for your folks to talk about the performance of many other maker’ lights sounds a little bit funny.. If the lights are made same ssc p7 with the same range of ampheres, they are all same.. Yes, if i let more ampheres to leds, i can make my lights brigher,, but there are some more to think about.. led’s life, burning time, size, and weight etc.. Your folks had better talk about the benefits of 7.4 to 8.4 voltage.. not 3.7v.. The era when people like me can make a lot of margin is gone.. I am also a rider riding a freeride bike.. i just made what i really wanted to have to have more fun at night in the trails in Korea. I make a little bit of margin and i believe i help other riders with no time for riding during the day..
    John, stop by my site and go to gallery,, there is a white guy, scottish, my friend name Andrew Miller.. He helps me with sales promotion.. He really was happy with my lights.
    That is it.. i made a light that made my friend happy.. i guess some of them knows (of)him.

5. Plus, John, you will have a free original wonderbike logo t shirt with the package.
    You will never say, “Man, i have waisted my mony..” How much is Dx?? Probably around 80.. you just paid 20 more.. You will see more value out of my light..

I wrote too much…more i say, more i get fried.

Thanx anyway”

He also sent me some CAD files of the housing and mount, so I feel the guy must be given some credit. His communication is excellent and I get a free T-shirt! I’m looking forward to seeing his light, and I will post a review. Cheers G

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Seems fair enough, I will be more impressed when you get it though 😉

CHB

Did this light arrive?

loughor
    Free Member

Fellas, anybody used or know anything these lights, from a second hand site here in Hong Kong ? Price equates to less than 20 quid ?

http://www.28bike.com/classifieds/detail.php?id=72143

Thanks in advance

Jon

muggomagic

Just doing a search for Bastid lights on the internerd and this thread popped up.

Gnnr – did you ever receive your light and free t shirt?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Just ordered a new light – Bastid lights posh cousin? Wonderbike Marrow’ is closed to new replies.