Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just me, or a site bug?
  • vinnyeh

does anyone else have an issue whereby if they click on a photo that doesn’t have a link attached that the page freezes, necessitating either closing the tab (safari mobile) or using the back button to return to the previous page (safari and chrome on Mac)

eg clicking on any of the photos on the chopper story renders the whole page static.

Wondering whether this is a design feature, a singletrack bug or a WordPress issue.

ThePinkster

Yeah, it happens to me occasionally, last time was on the Richie bike in last week’s FGF.

I find refreshing the page works but a pita having to do it.

slowoldman

Works fine for me (well it did when I just tried it). Safari on Mac.

sl2000

There’s an image lightbox that should display when you click on an image. It’s closed by clicking on an X in the top right of the page. Does clicking there re-activate the page for you?

ThePinkster

Nope, don’t get anything. I tap the image on my phone and the page just freezes, can’t scroll up or down or click links

Only thing that works is refreshing the page or using the back button.

It doesn’t happen all the time but all the Richey images did this on last week’s FGF while the rest of the images worked fine.

flyingpotatoes

Yes now and again the page freezes and I have to close the tab.
    Only happens on my mobile though.

Cougar

Is it popping a pop-up which the browser is blocking so you can’t close it?

</random guess>

ThePinkster

Interesting idea, @Cougar. To the best of my knowledge I’ve not got a pop-up blocker working on my phone but perhaps android/chrome is doing something.

Actually ignore that. Just tried on my pc using Edge and it’s doing exactly the same thing. When hovering over the suspect images I just have the usual pointer but it changes to the usual pointing finger image on photos that can be enlarged.

vinnyeh

I was mistaken about it happening on the chopper article, all the photos on there have links which open popups.

A good example then is here, the Havoc Bike Park article. Clicking on any of the photos on the page freezes the page.

ThePinkster

@vinnyeh yep, I’m getting the same thing happening there too

There’s definitely something not right somewhere.

andytherocketeer

Weird. Same for me in Brave even in incognito mode with all shields and “naughty” extensions that may not be named disabled.

Maybe something weird with figure tags rather than img tags? Can’t rule out Brave still blocking something though.

I don’t generally click on stuff, so not an issue for me. An image in a post is to be seen not clicked on.

cogglepin

Happens to me all the time. Only way to get it working again on my iPad is to double click the home button at the bottom of my iPad then swipe up to clear everything and start again.

spooky_b329

Just tried it, also freezes. Chrome/Android.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.