Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Just how unpopular is Ricky Gervais?
  • captaindanger

The office was monumentally good, everything before or since has been poor

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Unfunny egotist. His humour is all about laughing at people not with them or at situations. Its nasty and cruel

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just how unpopular is Ricky Gervais?

Well presumably as far the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, who’s research on the issue I’m sure extends beyond trawling through cycling forums, is concerned, he’s not very unpopular.

2012 will be the third consecutive year which he has been asked to host the Golden Globe Awards. I have no doubt that they consider him to a “popular” choice. They tend to know about stuff like that.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’ve always thought he was an unfunny jerk.

But then I like really dark….daark comedy and those comedians tend to be banned from TV. Chris Morris…..Frankie Boyle etc etc The latter takes the piss out of people as does Gervais but Gervais always manages to come across as self satisfied egotist where as Frankie is just an utter misanthrope.

Northwind

retro83 – Member

That ‘trick’ being?

Convincing people the Office wasn’t drivel.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Its the usual selection of middle class twits on here who dont approve of him.

This ^^^^^

He’s a legend.

pussywillow
    Free Member

michaelmcc – Member
    Its the usual selection of middle class twits on here who dont approve of him.
    This ^^^^^
    He’s a legend.
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Haha! Yeh I were thinking same as u guys! He’s not the funniest guy out there, but I can think of a lot more that’s less funny to winge about! I suppose all these guys don’t like Keith lemon either! Too crude for em! Now he is legend!

mudshark
    Free Member

I like Gervais, The Office is brilliant.

The American Office is better.

I did like the UK one when it was on but think Extras was better though – mainly because of some fantastic cameos.

I do think Stephen Merchant is the funny part of their partnership.

stuarty
    Free Member

Ill pay the postage

Stick them in an onveloppe

That mong git
    Ricky boring as **** gervaise
    Some where far away from me

Ps write note for inside

You can have these dvds back
    Ps even the dog woent watch them

Drac

I suppose all these guys don’t like Keith lemon either! Too crude for em! Now he is legend!

I like Keith Lemon I find him funny, Gervais I don’t.

nealglover
    Free Member

Im loving how a lot of the people are expressing how much they hate Ricky Gervais…….

………..In the style of Ricky Gervais

You couldn’t make it up :mrgreen:

athgray
    Free Member

bwaarp. If you like dark comedy, have you ever seen Monkey Dust? I think it is one of the best and darkest comedy shows Britain has produced. To get my tuppence worth in I don’t think much of Gervais.

yunki
    Free Member

Monkey Dust?

distraught wife – Oh my god, We all thought you were dead..!! where have you been for the last three years..? you went out for milk and never came home..

returning husband (dejectedly) – living in a bedsit trying to fill a bathtub full of come

classic 😀

FeeFoo
    Free Member

But then I like really dark….daark comedy and those comedians tend to be banned from TV. Chris Morris…..Frankie Boyle etc etc

Frankie Boyle and Chris Morris?
    That’s like linking Jim Davidson with Stewart Lee.

Weird.

Basil

I vote Gervais is a knobber

retro83
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Unfunny egotist. His humour is all about laughing at people not with them or at situations. Its nasty and cruel

???

skywalker
    Free Member

I think he’s a knob, not funny in the slightest.

Keith Lemon on the other hand is.

emma82
    Free Member

I don’t rate him particularly although I used to love extras, more for the cameos now I think. He had to fill a gap at the princess Di memorial a few years ago (watched on tv), elton John was running late so gervais got left on stage to cover. To see someone panic then die a very awkward comedic death on stage was cringeworthy but funny all in one go. He fell apart completely. Kind of got bored with him after that.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Just how unpopular is Ricky Gervais?’ is closed to new replies.