Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Just how unpopular is Ricky Gervais?
  • ross980
    Free Member

Because I’ve just sold a load of unwanted (read crap) DVDs on eBay and the only ones that haven’t sold are the two Gervais ones (they’ve been relisted 4[\b] times at 99p) – everything[\u] else sold, even a crap 10 year old Tiff Needell DVD that I got free with a magazine.

So, charity shop or bin? (or go for some sort of 99p relisting record?)

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Your slashes need to go the other way on the [/] bits

Which DVDs were they?

project
    Free Member

Who is Ricky Gervais…..some unfunny alledged comediane from slough.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I think it’s fashionable not to like Gervais at the minute, so I for one am going to buck the trend and declare myself his biggest fan.

DickBarton

Who?

Rickos
    Free Member

He’s a one trick pony and I never liked that trick anyway. An utter moron.

nickjb
    Free Member

His early stuff was good but it’s getting a bit repetitive now. As for the DVDs, it was mostly funny the first time round but everything has been on tele several times and doesn’t need watching twice.

GJP
    Free Member

I strongly suspect that he couldn’t give a flying **** that you were unable to sell some of his DVDs on the bay

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Its the usual selection of middle class twits on here who dont approve of him.

soobalias
    Free Member

i dont approve of him

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I don’t ‘approve’ of him cos I think he’s crap. It’s got naff all to do with my upbringing (the council estate one)

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I don’t ‘approve’ of him cos I think he’s crap. It’s got naff all to do with my upbringing (the council estate one)

Ditto.

He’s a prick.

yunki
    Free Member

it was obvious from ‘the office’ that he’s nothing more than a slimy little reptilian creature with a bit of a nasty streak in him..

I flippin’ love his stand-up though

bikebouy
    Free Member

He made quite a good film once, the one where he’s a dentist, starts dating a girl whose fiance dies, he can see his ghost, she can’t.. yadda yadda.

I don’t like him either.

And I don’t care what upbringing you think I have had.

Rickos
    Free Member

So if us ‘twits’ are Ronnie Barker would that make you Corbett or Cleese? Useful to know for any future interaction with you and how we are to act in a stereotypical way.

donsimon
    Free Member

What a bizarre statement and so early in the thread too. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

😯 I’m a chav FFS!

retro83
    Free Member

Rickos – Member
    He’s a one trick pony and I never liked that trick anyway. An utter moron.

That ‘trick’ being?

_tom_
    Free Member

I like Gervais, The Office is brilliant.

project
    Free Member

Im a proud working class twit.

Spelt without an “a” in twit.

RustySpanner

Well, I’d be quite happy to rub his smug, unpleasant face briskly up and down a dry stone wall.

Spent 20 odd years working in offices.
    Spent the last few as a care worker.

I’m convinced the tosser is following me round and deliberately failing to get the point of everything I do.

As for laughing as Karl Pilkington, Jesus, I usually meet 20 people more stupid than that before breakfast.

stanfree
    Free Member

He’s a fud , but a very rich one.

Drac

Never found him funny and no matter what he’s in his character is the same act, never got it.

Didn’t realise made me middle class but then again I’m also apparently the top 10% or something according this forum.

DezB
    Free Member

Was quite a fan meself. Then he called his latest “mong” character Derek and I went right off the dickhead.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

I find him an utter disgrace to the British community! 😡
    How someone has got to that level, coming from nothing does nothing but frustrate and annoy me! And for that reason, and that reason alone….. I’m out.

andyruss
    Free Member

Middle class, l ‘m hoping to be upgraded to chav soon. Hate the man,not funny at all

DezB
    Free Member

How someone has got to that level, coming from nothing does nothing but frustrate and annoy me!

Huh? How else are they supposed to start out?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Fee foo summed up RG nicely when he said

He’s a prick.

ross980
    Free Member

So no interest in the DVDs then? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I will give you £2 if you post them to DezB if that helps 8)

tron
    Free Member

When he was in the office, I thought “By God, he does an amazing job of playing an egregious bell end”. The more time goes by, the less convinced I am that he was acting…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhhhh yeah, The Actors, that was quite good, it was y’know.
    I’m none typo keen on that Merchant fella neithers.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve been repulsed by him from the moment I heard/saw him about 10/15 years ago. He’s in the same boat as the Davina McCalls and David Walliams of this world (ie, I’d find it more pleasant if they weren’t sharing the same air as me).

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A very unlikeable greasy little toad.

kimbers

hating ricky gervais is trendier than skinny jeans right now

Aristotle
    Free Member

tron – Member

When he was in the office, I thought “By God, he does an amazing job of playing an egregious bell end”. The more time goes by, the less convinced I am that he was acting…

Haha. That’s exactly what I thought.

grum
    Free Member

This.

stgeorge

Had to look up egregious, but you’re right.

tomhoward

Didn’t really like the office, thought extras was OK, really like his stand up, liked the invention of lying, loved an idiot abroad (which I believe was partly staged), hated life’s too short (didn’t ‘get’ it) He seems to be a bit of a Jeremy Clarkson type figure, as in maintains a ‘persona’ that people (such as our fine selves) talk about how they despise/love and that keeps his public profile up so he sells his wares. Probably totally different in real life.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

I love his comedy, total fan here.
    I like the whole big ego style of comedy, made all the better by people getting wound up about it in real life.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Just how unpopular is Ricky Gervais?’ is closed to new replies.