Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 258 total)
  • Just had the police around, I've been accused of racism
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

“Or he is a vindictive little sh*t who played the only card he knew would force a reaction?”

Yup, that’s equally possible.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

JimJam, shall I list perhaps 50 other possible reasons why he might have parked there and as you were clearly there and witnessed the whole thing, perhaps you could disprove those too?

Given the recipient of the abuse decided to call the police it seems highly likely that in the perception of the recipient that’s exactly what happened.

Hmmm, just our of interest agent007… What kind of car do you drive?

outofbreath
    Free Member

“However on my list of things to give a s*** about parent and child parking and people using them inappropriately is way down near the bottom”

Significantly below angry abusive behaviour from vigilantes in car parks IMHO.

jimjam
    Free Member

agent007

Wow, never before have I met someone who can 100% know what’s going on in a strangers life,

And presumably this life drama, this “demon they are battling with” will somehow be alleviated by them being an inconsiderate prick and blatantly parking in a place that’s designated to improve safety for our children and to make shopping with children easier.

I’ll just repeat myself quickly but I used to make a point of doing what the OP did (minus the name calling, I just got called names) and virtually every time I pointed out the parent and child spaces were for parents with small children someone would blurt out some bullshit excuse – instantly. So when you talk about the problems these people have as if they are tortured souls…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m devastated

Get a grip, Mary.

yunki
    Free Member

As there seems to be some debate taking place over whether the OP had legitimate cause for making a fuss I’ll add my twopenceworth..

It’s been demonstrated on here before that my attitude can verge towards the belligerent if pushed and I make no bones about the fact..
    You see those films about dangerous yoots that hang out in the shadier areas of town, those yoots that make you feel nervous if you accidentally find yourself walking through the estate late at night… that’s me that is..
    I’m not a violent man but I hang with violent men as the old song goes.. What I’m saying is that I’m not necessary gonna have the same values as many of you bedwetters..

When we had two kids under the age of three, I used to relish the opportunity to unleash some of the violent psychosis that years of relentless sleep deprevation had caused..

Skulking in the P+C parking area of the local Tesco was one of my favourite ways to unwind.. Maybe one of the kids had fallen asleep in the car on the drive there, Mrs yunki had taken the other into the shop, so I was left with 20 minutes of blissful peace and quiet.. I would sit on a bench smoking, one eye on my car and the sleeping child inside and the other eye scanning every vehicle that pulled up, waiting patiently like a predator stalking prey for the opportunity to uncoil and strike down with furious vengeance any prick that was arrogant enough to cross the line that I had drawn in the sand..
    I never did get the opportunity to tear some selfish prick limb from limb, always convincing myself that the scumbag might have a legitimate reason for their inconsiderate activity..

I’m over it now.. we don’t use the C+P spaces any more and I mostly get enough sleep.. but beware pricks, as I’m certain that there are other leopards on the prowl waiting for the opportunity to exercise their right to be hostile, waiting to demonstrate the harrowing truth of inconsiderate behaviour in it’s purest and most destructive form

agent007
    Free Member

virtually every time I pointed out the parent and child spaces were for parents with small children someone would blurt out some bullshit excuse – instantly.

Do they have to give you a real excuse? Are you the police?

mikey3
    Free Member

5 pages already,stw to the last.You got a mop for all that piss.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

This has zero to do with this and everything to do with the fact that the OP had no idea why the stranger in the Porsche had parked in that space.

Except that last month you seemed very concerned about the difficulties for parents of young children, created by inconsiderate people. This month, not so much.

jimjam
    Free Member

agent007

Do they have to give you a real excuse? Are you the police?

I can park in the disabled bays if I fall off my bike and hurt my leg, isn’t that right? That’s okay?

teasel
    Free Member

What I’m saying is that I’m not necessary gonna have the same values as many of you bedwetters..

Heh

Only on the internet…

yunki
    Free Member

You had better believe it sucker!
    I’m as meek as a kitten out there on the mean streets 😳

stumpy01

Regarding the Police & the racism accusation, I would try not to let it worry you, OP.
    From the sounds of it, the Police quickly realised it wasn’t a legitimate allegation & it was just a way for knob face to get back at you.

I grew up in Wembley which has a large mix of races. The ‘race card’ was drawn virtually daily by people with some kind of point to prove…….

Messing around in the classroom & sent to the head of year – obviously the teacher must be racist.
    Glancing at a group of people across the road as you walk past – obviously a honky racist….
    Bus driver catching someone trying to sneak on the bus without paying their far – bus driver clearly a racist bastard…..
    Not giving a cigarette to someone in the street when they ask (erm, I don’t smoke so don’t have any cigarettes on me) – **** racist…..

I even got accused by a (hindu) bloke in my class of being racist because I was talking about Hanuman the monkey God. He said I was being disprespectful & racist referring to hindu gods as monkeys…..(google it, if you’re not sure…..)

Used to hear this kind of crap on an almost daily basis…..

As for people parking in parent & child spaces when they don’t need to. They should have their cars paintballed with special dog-turd paint balls.
    And the cars that are parked in set-down points for longer than 2mins should be torched as a warning to others….

scud
    Free Member

This is a great thread, hilarious some peoples yoghurt-weaving comments!

As a father with a young daughter, yes the parent and child spaces are great, they make things easier… do i actually need the space, probably not, but they make life that bit simpler, which isn’t a bad thing in my mind, i have to carry my daughter, her medicine bag (being T1) and the host of shopping bags full, so being able to open a door and not worry you are going to hit someone elses car is a god-send (says the athiest).

I had a casual conversation with the security guard in Tesco once, and he basically said that was one of the main reasons, they get perhaps 5 people a week asking for CCTV where people have dented cars with doors or parking, having a decent number of child spaces helps them to, many children just fling car doors open with no consideration for car next to them, plus families unsurprisingly are the biggest spenders.

Edukator
    Free Member

Stumpy01 +1.

I had an acquaintance who was an anti-social “prick”. One day his beloved classic car got nitromorsed. What I found telling was that he’d been such an arse to so many people he had no idea who’d done it.

Edit, if you’ve got child locks, use them. If you have to let your kids out they can’t damage other cars.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m mystified why someone would get in a fight with someone else over a parking space, inconsiderate yes but really not worth the bother. What’s even more mystifying is that when the police came round to discuss, the op took a while to realise what they were talking about! You had an altercation with someone and forgot all about it? I must lead a sheltered life because had that been me it would have been on my mind all eveing.

BoardinBob

People get murdered over parking spaces 😯

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4360674.stm

warton
    Free Member

Supermarket parent/child spaces are discretionary not mandatory. Just park somewhere else and forget it – did you not enjoy the extra few metres walk, or do you see it as a two tier society where people with kids are somehow more important than folk without?

Most child spaces are next to a path, to get your kids to the shop safely.

when you have a full trolley, and two kids under 7, knowing they are walking next to me, on a path and not next to cars is one less thing to think about.

I often pull people up about it, and always ask why they feel the need to put kids in danger of being run over. normally does the trick.

funkmasterp

Seems like a lesson learned for the OP. People like the man he confronted will not change because somebody pulls them up on their behaviour. They view the world as something that is there to benefit them and only them, self serving narcissists. Unfortunately it seems to be becoming normal behaviour.

Dark-Side

I hold my hands up to the name calling, it was out of character and I acted like a petulant kid. I didn’t jump right in with it, he told me he’d “park where he wanted, when he wanted”, and I responded with “thats because you’re a selfish prick” and I shouldn’t have, its not the impression I want set for my kids at all.

I accept all the criticism for name calling, I deserve it and if I had not pulled him up initially he couldn’t have suggested that he park the car and sort me out. I’ll reiterate though, I didn’t and wouldn’t say anything that could be construed as racist and the accusation is even more laughable if you knew my family situation.

What’s even more mystifying is that when the police came round to discuss, the op took a while to realise what they were talking about! You had an altercation with someone and forgot all about it?

Of course I recalled the argument, I absolutely did struggle to reconcile what was essentially two adults acting like kids with the police standing on my doorstep.

chakaping
    Free Member

People like the man he confronted will not change because somebody pulls them up on their behaviour.

He probably will think twice before he does it again, TBF.

and I responded with “thats because you’re a selfish prick

Is there a chance he honestly misheard you for another word starting with P and including a K and I?

dazh

Superb thread. Well done all.

Is it worth getting into a fight about a parking space? Probably not.

Is it worth arguing the toss on an internet forum about it? Almost certainly yes. 😀

Dark-Side

Is there a chance he honestly misheard you for another word starting with P and including a K and I?

I did wonder if this was the case Chapaking, it occurred to me this morning. I did ask the police what word/s I’d been accused of using, but apparently they can’t repeat it.

agent007
    Free Member

Dark Side, can you not understand that some people just don’t like being told what to do by someone who A – doesn’t have the authority to do so, or B – presents themselves as a self righteous sort? Can you understand why your attitude might have antagonized the bloke who may have been having a bad day perhaps?

I’m sure we all do things each day that others don’t like (e.g. briefly cycling on the pavement or letting our kids behave a bit too boisterously in a restaurant) but they’re hardly crime of the century are they? Let it go man!

Okay so sounds like in this instance the guy wasn’t the nicest chap but you need to be careful out there. I know quite a couple of people who would have punched your lights out without hesitation the moment you called them a prick!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Child spaces are only there because they know that parents spend more than people with no kids. It has F-All to do with making it easier/safer for parents.

I use them on occasions when I don’t have Jnr FD in the car.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m still wondering how the police traced you to your address ?

In the OP you said you had parked elsewhere, and were on foot when the argument happened, and then the other guy drove off and you went into the shop. So how did the police know which door to knock on ?

outofbreath
    Free Member

In the OP you said you had parked elsewhere, and were on foot when the argument happened, and then the other guy drove off and you went into the shop. So how did the police know which door to knock on ?

Reported by a witness who saw where the car was?

Dark-Side

My wife had parked in a bay with no car either side of us, and he had to drive past our car to leave the car park. Its possible he saw my wife locking the car as we walked across the car park, or saw the child seats in the car and made an educated guess.

Dark-Side

outofbreath – Member
    Reported by a witness who saw where the car was?

I’m sorry to disappoint you outofbreath, its clear from your earlier assertions you are desperate for there to be more to it than my version of events. The only witness was my wife, and she is not the kind of person that would support me lying to the police if I had been physically threatening or using racist language. I’m guilty of nothing more than childish name calling and perhaps sticking my oar in where I shouldn’t. Sorry.

The police didn’t accuse me of anything, they said the driver had called them, didn’t want it to go any further but asked them to have a word with me about using racist language. Once they saw my reaction and spoke with my wife, they left within I’d say 2 minutes at most.

2tyred

This is headed for classic thread status. Perfect Friday-close-to-Christmas mid-morning work internet fare. Thank you all.

I want to know how the family space-taking random stranger prick character in all this would be viewed had he been carrying a woodburning stove (or supplies for it) to his car.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I often pull people up about it, and always ask why they feel the need to put kids in danger of being run over. normally does the trick.

Oh come on, if someone said that to me I would laugh, not that I would park in one of those spaces anyway. But really, putting your kids in danger of being run over? I remember when they didn’t have such spaces in supermarket car parks, kids did not get routinely run over, perhaps parents took more responsibility for their kids safety then.

BoardinBob

😆

greentricky
    Free Member

How old is your kid Op?

As you said you had to explain to them why the police came around so I’m guessing not toddlers or babies, in which case why was a parent and child space really needed?

stevedoc
    Free Member

special snowflake reporting for duty again @allan23

Seriously do you always have a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way for just the ones you have yet to meet, was there any need to try to insult someone ,isn’t that what the OPs thread was getting at ….

never mind live and learn and forget those who have nothing better to do .. enjoy the Friday fun peeps

Dark-Side

greentricky – Member
    How old is your kid Op?

As you said you had to explain to them why the police came around so I’m guessing not toddlers or babies, in which case why was a parent and child space really needed?

We have two kids. Our youngest is three and the eldest is eight. We were with the youngest when the altercation happened. It was the eldest who came to answer the door with me at home.

MoreCashThanDash

Unfortunately it seems to be becoming normal behaviour.

I’ve learnt a lesson over confronting selfish assholes, but if society at large wants to stop that sort of behaviour, how else will it change?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Look on the dark bright side, your kids have learned about

antisocial behaviour
    Police box ticking
    The mis-use of “-isms/ists”
    Language – what, where, when

All good experience in the end.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’m sorry to disappoint you outofbreath, its clear from your earlier assertions you are desperate for there to be more to it than my version of events.

You say that as though somehow what you already admit to doing isn’t already bad enough!

Dark-Side

outofbreath – Member
    I’m sorry to disappoint you outofbreath, its clear from your earlier assertions you are desperate for there to be more to it than my version of events.
    You say that as though somehow what you already admit to doing isn’t already bad enough!

I accept all the criticism for name calling, I deserve it and if I had not pulled him up initially he couldn’t have suggested that he park the car and sort me out.

greentricky
    Free Member

We have two kids. Our youngest is three and the eldest is eight. We were with the youngest when the altercation happened. It was the eldest who came to answer the door with me at home.

Fair enough

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 258 total)

The topic ‘Just had the police around, I've been accused of racism’ is closed to new replies.