Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Just had our 1st Domino's Pizza…
  • rusky
    Free Member

WE always use Pizza hot 4 U go & collect for BOGOF! REally good pizzas

IdleJon

Our local Pizza Hut is fantastic in that, on the few occasions I've been there, they always cock up the order and then don't charge for what they have or haven't delivered.

Last week we were charged £12 for 2 adults and 2 kids meals (inc drinks) because they couldn't get the order correct or delivered to the table at the same time.

Calling the food 'pizza' is a travesty, but it's almost worth visiting for the comedy factor.

Wookster

Asda Pizza every time mate just lush and made fresh never had a bad one!

zokes
    Free Member

Wookster – Premier Member

Asda Pizza every time mate just lush and made fresh never had a bad one!

+several!

Coyote
    Free Member

ASDA stone baked based pizza are reasonably good.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Got some vouchers last month with my LoveFilm rentals for 1/2 price pizza from M&S and I have to say they were lovely so much so I went and bought one the other day full price, (£4 or £5 I think) nice thin crust good topping and not greasy, I struggle with Domino's as I find the base to thick and the topping stodgy on the occasions we do have them, however the S/O is a fan, but on takeaway Fridays (we tend to have a night off from cooking on Fridays) I tend to pick up some Caribbean takeout from a new place in town, Mmmm curry goat, jerk chicken and rice and pea all for a tenner and so much nicer than Domino, so that solves that discussion.

Daffy

Pizza Express and collect.

Delicious, freshly baked pizza with your choice of toppings and it WAAY cheaper than Dominos tat.

4 large pizzas delivered from Ds was £60, same from PE with better toppings was £36 collected.

sc-xc

Pizza Express is the best of the chains, but nothing is as good as making your own. No time at all to throw the stuff in the bread maker for the dough.

It is worth pointing out that I am the authority on pizza, and can tell you now that the correct toppings are:

[list]tomato chunks
    onion
    sweetcorn
    Chilli x lots[/list]

busydog
    Free Member

Here in the US, at least where I live, Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa John's are all pretty lame, tending to be greasy, barely warm and a soggy crust by the time they are delivered. We finally found a local place that makes much better pizza and gets them delivered quickly and hot. Like several posts above, I also make my own (I buy the raw dough from another local area pizza place) adding whatever toppings I want.

Do you have Papa Murphy's there in the UK? They make up the pizza for you with whatever you want and you take it home and bake it–pretty good actually.

freddyg
    Free Member

Barry Bethel – Premier Member
    … but nothing is as good as making your own. No time at all to throw the stuff in the bread maker for the dough.

We did that with our bread machine for the first time last night. It was the nicest pizza I've had for years. Made even better because the kids (4 & 2.5yrs) made their own too.

IdleJon

Daffy – Member

4 large pizzas delivered from Ds was £60, same from PE with better toppings was £36 collected.

£36 for 4 pizzas?

£60 for the same from Doms? 😯

I really am in the wrong business.

You could have a fairly decent eat out meal for 4 with alcohol for £60 here in Swansea.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Plus (at the risk of starting another irresovable, tedious thread about religion), paying for a pizza from Domino's funds this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186202,00.html

sc-xc

….and eating too many dominos gives you spots. 😐

tron
    Free Member

As for Halal meat & racism, there's one important thing to remember.

Islam is not a race.

The lack of stunning of the animal before killing is unpleasant, and I'd rather avoid it if possible.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Daffy – Member
    4 large pizzas delivered from Ds was £60

You must be the only person who's ever paid full price a Dominos. Whenever I order from there, there is always some special offer, buy one get one free etc.

Having said that Pizza Express is miles better. But that's a proper restaurant.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Overpriced greasy tat – pizza express tastier and cheaper

lowey

Rusty, sorry mate missed this thread.

It Francas on St. Georges Road, bolton. Once tried you will never go back.

Rich
    Free Member

My favourite is Perfect Pizza, used to be called Ginos.

tails
    Free Member

Hmmmm! It is okayish if you want American style pizza. Unfortunately there are few good italian pizza places I am aware of. firezza is the only decent chain pizza place I'm aware of, but thats london only.

RustySpanner

Lowey, thanks mate that looks superb.

Please see post above re nice Italian cafe take-away in Hebden.

Can also recommend Forts of India in Whitefield. Has recently had a refit and the prices have increased slightly, but a really pleasant Indian Restaurant. Take away portions are huuuuge.

Kismoth, at 21 Church Street West, Radcliffe M26 2SP, is also well worth a punt. Nice local curry house.

I really, really miss the little Italian take-away in the middle of Tod, – fantastic salads, pizzas and pasta dishes. Now a Fried Chicken place…….. 🙁

Domino's is bloody awful, but not quite as bad as Pizza Hut.

I always use the local places for a decent pizza.

Lol @ all the typical STW 'make your own' responses. Sometimes people fancy a takeaway you know.

I'm sure most of us are capable of rustling up a Chinese, curry, pizza, burger, or even fish & chips, but that's not really the point is it?

molgrips
    Free Member

I find Pizza hut my fave, although service in restaurants is always really slow. Dominos is also good, and the others – Pizza 4 U, Asda etc are just not as nice at all.

FWIW busydog – Pizza Hut pizza here is quite different to how it is in the US, but Dominos is more similar I think.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Total rip-off.
    Only acceptable when completely stoned or very drunk.

Go indie.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Best takeout pizza's I ever had were Papa Johns.

Northwind

Maybe I'm just a pleb but I love Dominos pizzas, I've had proper italian pizzas but I'd sooner have a nice greasy Dominos. Also, i like the way you never know how much it's going to cost til they ask for the money because of their random offers and pricing.

tails
    Free Member

Maybe I'm just a pleb but I love Dominos pizzas, I've had proper italian pizzas but I'd sooner have a nice greasy Dominos. Also, i like the way you never know how much it's going to cost til they ask for the money because of their random offers and pricing.

Nowt wrong with that, if you like it you like!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thisisnotaspoon's guide to pizzas

1. home made, come on dough takes 20min after dinner one night, leave it to rise for 3 hours before bed, fridge overnight then can be frozen in balls and taken out the day before you need it. Toppings, just get creative, salmon, wallnut and marscepone anyone?

2. Zero degrese in Reading (they're a chain, maybe they're as good elswhere too)

3. The hallamshire hotel in sheffield (west st.) well worth getting changed after a ride and poping in for a pizza 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I have Dominos a couple of times a year. Usually because they are on offer. Serve a purpose if had a few beers.

….prefer a kebab tho.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I went to Italy on holiday a few years back and the town we stayed in didn't have any restaurants to speak of – only pizza joints. When we couldn't be a*sed cooking, we'd get a pizza. They were so good. It's difficult to class both these and what you get in Domino's, Pizza Hut etc as the same thing. An Italian restaurant is the only place in this country worth buying a pizza, IMHO. Unless you are going to cook it yourself, in which case Aldi, Lidl and Asda are all good.

theflatboy
    Free Member

literally just had a dominos leaflet through the door while reading this thread 😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

It's difficult to class both these and what you get in Domino's, Pizza Hut etc as the same thing.

nobody reckons they're the same, though – if i want proper italian pizza i get it from il bacio, if i want american dirty pizza i get papa johns, if i want a cross between the two i get sorrentos. can't go wrong! 🙂

spacemonkey

Dominoes and PH on a good day can taste just about passable, but you get that "Urrgh, that really wasn't good for me" feeling soon after. On a bad day they taste sh1te.

I don't even rate Pizza Express these days.

Best ones are homemade or from a good Italian eaterie (or one of the local gastro pubs).

Went to Sardinia a few years back and the pizzas were awesome. Had something like 5 in 7 days. Couldn't help myself.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I've nevr had a takeaway pizza that I've enjoyed eating. All stodgy bread, usually dripping in fat and chewy "meat" substitutes.

Certainly won't eat a Dominos, was ill the last time I had one – and no, hadn't been drinking!

Northwind

"you get that "Urrgh, that really wasn't good for me" feeling soon after."

That's the best bit surely?

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Just had our 1st Domino's Pizza…’ is closed to new replies.